hi everyone

smith

If he's 16, then he's pretty much automatically a retard, like we all were. Hopefully, it won't take him 32 years to figure that out like it did for me. I just hope that when I'm 80 years old, I won't look back and see what a retard I was at 48. By then, there won't be any time left to change the game plan!

Speaking of feeling like a retard, these days I'm becoming more and more active at my favorite Santa site, a place called ClausNet. It reminds me of the "good ole days" at Head-Fi when everyone seemed to know each other, and for the most part seemed to like each other. I guess that's sort of what we have going on here, except that by now (what, about 10 years later) we've all known each other for long enough to know what a bunch of dorks we are...

I think there was a point. Oh ya! So back in the day, random people from Head-Fi would send me private messages saying that they would soon be coming to Cayman on a cruise, usually with Mrs. Headphone Geek in tow as well. So I'd meet them in the harbor, and we would have lunch, then I'd give them a nickel tour of the Island, and then we would become best friends forever for about 6 months. This must have happened a dozen times or so, and they were all very nice people.

This week, I've met my first real bearded Santa, complete with his Mrs. Claus. Nice people in their late 50's and quite "normal" (other than his foot long white beard and matching hair). As I was sitting with them having lunch, I couldn't help but to notice how many people were staring at him, and with my 6 month Santa beard (partially grey, but still mostly brown), I must have looked like his son.

Then suddenly it occurred to me that maybe I was the strange one!!! Always meeting random people from random hobbies. I mean, really, how exactly does one become a headphone enthusiast to begin with... let alone a real bearded Santa. Damn internet is to blame, with all of these "enabler" websites. But then if it wasn't for this "retard" of a life I've been living, I wouldn't be have any life at all.