Hey Head-Case, what's your bandwidth like?

Knuckledragger

18 hours ago, mikeymad said:

Sometimes living at the base of a volcano is a bummer. 

image.png

Seems that Verizon has deprecated band 13 (lower Hz - but had connectivity) for band 2 (higher Hz - but I get no bits).  I use to be able to get some bits from band 5 and 66 - but those are pretty much gone now as well. 

:sadcat:

Is that on your phone, or one of those boxes?  If phone, there are some hacks you can use.  Touching it to your body a special way ... sorry, I'm not finding the video I saw before:
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+get+better+signal+on+phone

It is my phone. I do use a booster. It takes me from -122db up to about -71db (overall a strong signal). I have tried all the things that I could find. I was all the way to the point of jailbreaking my phone to be able to install low level software so I could control the band setting directly. Running a pretty big risk of bricking my phone. Until I finally read an article that showed that it would not work for me because I am on Verizon and they don't allow that access (period). 

I understand what they are trying to do, they are trying to get everything to the higher 'better/faster' band, and phase out the older slower. I used to be able to stay connected to band 13 and use my hotspot as a secondary internet access. But months ago something changed and now it is always trying to get to band 2. And band 13 does not have bandwidth anymore. 

So, I assume that in a year or so they will keep upgrading and things will stabilize and I will be able to get data on band 12, but for now I get very few bits. I will give them a call at some point and ask if there is anything that can be done. But prospects are low, and I could look at other carriers, but I am very remote, so I don't expect much from that exploration.

Or I can stick my phone up my ass... 

• Sad 1