And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

It was probably the monetization tool that todd is testing out. it tries to add links to text it thinks is contextually correct, though fails most of the time. It was probably blocked because it uses a url redirector.

Oh shit, now I understand the monetization thing. I had seen a link to a Robbie the Robot on eBay in Jacob's post about a giant space robot and didn't understand it.

Aha! Makes perfect sense now...

Booked a hotel for our trip to Paris this summer (we're tacking it onto the end of a trip to Luminy, France for a math conference).  If anyone knows about the area, I would appreciate some feedback about the safety of this area.  I think it is fine, just trying to make sure.  I haven't been to Paris since I was 17 so it should be fun!

http://www.hotelatmospheres.com/location.html

• Like 1

Shelly I can send you my itinerary when we get back from there on Memorial Day, and let you know what sucked. 

...who am I kidding? It's motherfucking Paris. 

Jacob - sorry brother, good luck with the visit tomorrow and best wishes to you and Emily and being happy. 

Edited by Aura

Shelly, Saint Germaine is completely safe and your hotel looks chic and swanky.  You can walk far and wide from that place without ever coming to a sketchy neighborhood.  Taking the metro will be a cinch from a block away on Boulevard Saint-Germaine or Rue Monge.  

I will get Claire's Paris guide tips to Bryan, Colin and Shelly soon.  

Just downloaded my boarding pass for my Southwest airlines flight to Chi Town tomorrow.  Nothing like spending Friday and Saturday morning packing up the belongings of a college daughter, half of which I will transport to a South Bend storage unit. Too bad I can't visit any of the 3Floyds that I will be passing while driving from the airport to South Bend. Maybe we can find a nice restaurant around the Magnificent Mile to explore Saturday evening. ^-^

Well, at least the Jodi Arias jury wasn't swayed by her nonsense excuses.  I hope they don't give her the death penalty and she rots for a long, long time.

Ooh, I hadn't heard yet. Fantastic! What an evil bitch!

Shelly, Saint Germaine is completely safe and your hotel looks chic and swanky.  You can walk far and wide from that place without ever coming to a sketchy neighborhood.  Taking the metro will be a cinch from a block away on Boulevard Saint-Germaine or Rue Monge.  

I will get Claire's Paris guide tips to Bryan, Colin and Shelly soon.  

Thanks!

Your life is not falling apart, Jacob.  Your life is what you make it.  Seems Emily is owning up to her issues, and as hard as it will be for you, you can make it work if that's what you want.  Is she worth it?  You thought so when you married her, so has that changed?  If not, put your head down, and make it work.  Stop hanging around here till things at home are good.  If not, cut and run.  Either way, it won't be easy, but you have our support.

I do think you need to spend less time here, though ... stop posting about cameras. meets, knives, etc, and get your relationship worked out.  Priorities, no?

Sorry for the tough love ... if I'm off base, everyone feel free to kick my ass.