And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

7 day wndow???

Yeah, Amazon used to have a very lenient price match policy but that was exploited to hell by deal seekers, so they removed the policy from their site and instituted an unstated 7 day window where they'll approve a price match if you  contact customer service within 7 days of ordering.

I can totally see that it would be taken advantage of if they did it for other websites/stores but this was both things being sold by Amazon so I could just do the return and rebuy and it would cost them more money.

Very true. Probably just a CSR just sticking to the rules they were given without thinking it through :P

It's pretty generous that they offer price matching at all in my book.  Prices change, you rarely get to buy at the rock bottom of the market unless you're really lucky.  I understand the frustration of having the price go down the minute you buy something but it is what it is. 

Heal up everyone!

Spent a nice day with my wife roaming the back roads of Southwestern Michigan.  Visited many small towns, browsed in their shops and bought very little.  Nice lunch.  Stopped for ice cream and came back home.  I like hanging out with my wife, even after almost 37 years of marriage.  :)

Finished cleaning my kitchen (kitchen is closest to the door, so it became a dumping ground for everything that was coming into the apartment).

Found out earlier that my sisters want me to take three large cabinets (which are actually very pretty -- black, smokey glass, dark red wood accents).  So I now have space for them, although if I had more time, I'd probably put them somewhere else.  I think I'll bring 'em over and move 'em later.