And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Took our old 2006 15" Macbook Pro to the Apple Store with a flakey keyboard. I couldn't fix it by doing a PRAM reset using a USB keyboard, or by booting from the installer disk. Apple thinks we're looking at $185 to fix it, since the Apple Care ran out a year and 83 days ago. It's fine as long as we don't need to use the A, D, X, C, V, and left CMD keys. One option was to just make the kids keep using it with an external keyboard plugged in, or using the onscreen software keyboard, but I was out voted.

Took our old 2006 15" Macbook Pro to the Apple Store with a flakey keyboard. I couldn't fix it by doing a PRAM reset using a USB keyboard, or by booting from the installer disk. Apple thinks we're looking at $185 to fix it, since the Apple Care ran out a year and 83 days ago. It's fine as long as we don't need to use the A, D, X, C, V, and left CMD keys. One option was to just make the kids keep using it with an external keyboard plugged in, or using the onscreen software keyboard, but I was out voted.

The good thing is they'll fix everything that's wrong with it, not just the keyboard.

Got up early to work before a landscaper comes for a meeting.

Yesterday I got a $7800 quote to take down a tree from a company that had quoted me $5k to take it down last year. We did a $3k crown reduction instead so the tree would stick around. I had figured around $3k to do the rest because I'm sure some cost is to get the guys there etc. I'm looking forward to their explanation of the new price vs the old one, it's with a different arborist but last years price was from the head arborist. Probably not going to do it anyway now.

That does look awesome Steve.

I just got back from my first trip to real Texas. [Realized that even though I have now lived in Texas for almost 11 years of my life, this is the first time I have spent time in a non-beach non-city area of Texas.] Spent the last three at a conference in Tyler, TX (in a dry county). I am very happy to be back! Have a lot of HC catchup to do.

Tyler is where I first moved to in 2001. Very pretty there.

Shelly I'm already planning on building a handle of my own. My brain is considering all the possibilities. Lord knows I need a use for all the smaller scraps I've accumulated.