And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

x-rays negative!  Just some bursitis and a nice big bruise.  And, yes, Greg, I'm done with running I think and need to get back to Spin class.

:prettyprincess: Excellent news. What about rowing machine?

elib_5690156.jpg?w=650

It gets more muscles working. Just sayin'

Edited by Torpedo

I have to go to a different gym!

Glad to hear X-Rays are good.  Good also to hear good news on recovery fronts....keep up the good news.

Today, I go to a Bruins game and will get my picture taken in a Washington Capitals jersey; payment on last year's lost bet with Dan....

Got up and went down to meet the guy dropping the boat off. Safely back in the water.

post-886-13634684934688_thumb.jpg

Also found out that the guys had managed to remove the giant clump of vine at the house:

post-886-13634686245152_thumb.jpg

It's going to be a great summer.

Also installed the radio thermostats at home which was relatively painless. No more forgetting to set it to away.

• Like 1

We went to the fireworks for Youth Day (which is an idiosyncratic local holiday in our idiosyncratic little municipality). It was magnificent - perfect cool clear night. From our vantage, you could see the mortars, hear the fluttering sounds some of the shells make in flight and then the bursts were directly overhead. excellent. I tried to explain to my friend Alan exactly what Youth Day is and why it's such a big deal. I guess it's not a very precise concept. "Excuse for a parade and kick ass fireworks" sounded a little thin.

Sympathies.  That's pretty much my hell.

I'll tell you what, the next time my mother says she failed in parenting, I'm going to say, "yes you did.  Yes you did.  I'm going to hell, and it's your fault."

And then my sister will start scolding me for treating my mother like that, and I'll interrupt her and say, "I'm tired of arguing with her."

Well as some of you know I have spent the last few months researching my ancestry which is mostly Irish. That is one of the main reasons I haven't been around here much but interestingly enough I discovered some information on what may be an ancestor of one of our fellow Irish HCers.

http://vimeo.com/4660027

Slan Agaibh!

*I think the link is fixed now*

Edited by Augsburger

I understand. Only you know how much it aches, and how much is this conditioning your life. If pain is deep enough to not allow you to exercise, even walk, I'd first consider a second opinion, just in case, then trying to know what'd be the worst case scenario if surgery goes wrong. If the worst case is going back as if the bone was just broken, I'd probably undergo surgery. But that's me, these things are always about personal choices and priorities.

• Like 1