And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Wow you can win a photography contest with an iPhone picture? What's next, writing a novel using txting?

I dunno about that, but it was a school art show and it looked pretty good as an 8x10 print. I think the lighting and the framing was nice the way it caught the sunbeam, and among all the photos submitted in the district his was pretty good. I recall my first 2Mp Minolta digital camera ages ago was good enough for an 8x10, and it didn't seem to give me photos much better than a 3Mp iPhone.

Thanks all other for the birthday wishes. :lol:

I like that article. I have an Ernst Haas photo on my wall, with a light beam coming through the clouds and hitting the ocean with a gull flying over it, so the following quote caught my eye, "Leica, schmeica. The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."

I have to say that I'm quite impressed with the photos that member here have taken and posted in the photography thread. Some of them are amazing, and almost every one of them is really good. I'm often forgetting to look at my surroundings with a "seeing" eye where I think to catch a photo of something cool, or I'm looking for something cool to shoot but can't find it. When I find it I grab the first thing I can reach to take the shot with. If it's an iPhone then so be it.

i feel really good. the department head wants me, the IT consultants are friends and are going to recommend me, i think i really impressed the faculty i met with, or at least gave them the kinds of answers they were looking for, and i fixed the business admin's computer during the interview.

it sounds like you did everything that you could, the rest as they say is in someone else's hands. I'll be rooting for you.

i feel really good. the department head wants me, the IT consultants are friends and are going to recommend me, i think i really impressed the faculty i met with, or at least gave them the kinds of answers they were looking for, and i fixed the business admin's computer during the interview.

Did you reprogram his IE shortcut to Chrome?

Jacob, sounds like a great interview. Now for the job offer!

The second interview is good news Bryan. Keep on keeping on laugh.gif

Just as I left the office I insured a collection of every Beatles lp that has ever been released. Some I had never heard of before, and I grew up listening to them. Then his wife bitched about his albums and we just insured a $21000 diamond ring for her. Guess it was okay for her to get but not him to have.

Edited by Aimless1

:prettyprincess::prettyprincess::prettyprincess: That computer fixing act must have been something to be watched :P Good luck, I think you did it ;)

Congrats Bryan for passing to phase 2 :)

Edited by Torpedo

Jacob, f they don't interview other people, they can't justify hiring you to the powers that may want to investigate if there are any complaints. When I was hired at FAU, I got a call when I was in Michigan offering me the job. I didn't even know there was one available, and I hadn't applied. I had the job before they posted it, and was decorating my classroom while they were interviewing others. Kinda screwed up situation, but that's the way it goes.

Keeping fingers crossed for you. Did they give you any indication when they might let you know (sorry if you already said and I missed it)?