And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Best of luck Jacob, had a phone interview myself at 10 this morning and was given a second interview invite immediately, which is a first. You'll do great.

You give good phone!

Break a leg Jacob!

Edited by swt61

Jacob,

If I could give a piece of advice, which is probably obvious but worth mentioning and based on my own recent experience and that of friends in similar situations where interviewing as a "known quantity". Don't act like it's a formality, even if it is. I had a friend who went into a very similar interview situation, treated it just a bit too casually and as a consequence wasn't taken seriously and got passed over. Be sincere, straightforward and confident and I think things will turn out well for you.

Thanks guys, and yes Jacob I'd certainly rather just pick up some buckets of money occasionally instead of this whole "work" thing ;).

Steve - been trying to live by the virtues you've taught me but some of the interviewers are getting offended when I offer extra favors that show my truly-tangible skills. How can I improve on my offers?

In all seriousness, I've had some not-so-good luck with more recent interviews (particularly over the phone) so going into this one I really stepped back and focused on how I needed to relate my experiences and attitude specifically to this exact job. I guess it helped.

I never say "jagbag" you cunt! :lol:

I speak English with proficiency and it is not legally "impossible" for me to sit on the jury from March 22 until April 8, so I have to report back next week before I can be thanked and excused by the prosecution. :palm: I actually wouldn't mind serving on the jury this time. It can't be a death penalty case, and my trial starts back up on april 14 so I could manage it if I had to.

Ouch. That would suck.

Every time I've been interviewed for jury duty, one of the interviewing lawyers literally laughs out loud when I tell him I'm a psychiatrist, pauses to catch his breathe, says thank you, and next thing I know, I'm excused.

Can't I just be permanently banned from jury duty for being a shrink, so I don't have to sit in a crowded room all day just to be excused upon interview?