And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Congrats on the 10 years!

I had a bit of a scare today. I got a call from some call center trying to contact "me." They said that Alberts and Associates were trying to contact me, gave me the phone number and the file number and didn't tell me what it was about. Then I had a meeting with a student and had to worry about what this could be for an hour. I called them back and they said that I was summoned to appear in court and they have been trying to contact me. I was sort of freaked out worried that I was being sued or something worse. Turns out that it was another person with my same name. Phew.

Congrats on the 10 years!

I had a bit of a scare today. I got a call from some call center trying to contact "me." They said that Alberts and Associates were trying to contact me, gave me the phone number and the file number and didn't tell me what it was about. Then I had a meeting with a student and had to worry about what this could be for an hour. I called them back and they said that I was summoned to appear in court and they have been trying to contact me. I was sort of freaked out worried that I was being sued or something worse. Turns out that it was another person with my same name. Phew.

Thanks! and that was an unnecessary scare you got there :)

Shelly, that's a relief! You deserve a double mai tai with umbrella for surviving that scare.

I had a similar experience yesterday. Received a FedEx package from a law firm in downtown LA. FedEx envelopes from law firms rarely contain birthday wishes or free Starbucks gift cards.

This one contained four tickets to the USC/Notre Dame game that I bought at a charity raffle in the summer. Whew!

I had good news/bad news combo thing going on today with my ankle.

Good news: I got this delivered at work today from the workman's comp people:

41Ap04a1gTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's nice to take a break from crutches, though I was starting to get impressed with the hulk shoulders I was building lugging my fattage around. I work in a building with long halls and I was getting tired of clomping my way around. This is nice and quiet, and I can even carry coffee and other things. The bad news is that it weighs about 50 pounds, and although I can lift it, I can't angle it into my car while hopping up and down on one foot. So sad.

More good new: the nice folks at workman's comp, after sending me to an urgent care clinic on Wed. (wtf? I'd already been to the ER four days prior), who immediately referred me to an ortho doc, actually made me an appointment with my regular ankle doc of the past few years, who is, after much research, one of the best ankle guys in Florida and around. The bad news is that I can't get an appointment for a freaking week and a half due to the holidays. I'd already tried to get one myself with same luck. So...two and a half weeks after being injured, I'll be just starting the process that should have already been underway. I'm hoping the delay for proper assessment and care won't cause any problems that could have been avoided.

I'm tired. frustrated. hurting. not happy.

Sorry Vicki. I can't believe the result of what was supposed to be a fun and charitable event. What a shame. Hope you get better soon.

Shelly, quite a scare! Glad it turned out to be nothing on your part! About a decade ago someone with my name must have owed a significant debt. I received several phone calls from different people inquiring about my identity in various ways. I finally asked one of them what all the questions were about, and no, I'm not giving any personal information out, and no I didn't used to live in California, but yes, that is my name. It turned out they were a collection agency and it turned into a heated confrontation about all the money I owed and what a bum I was. He even read me a social security number, I told him it wasn't correct and of course refused to tell him the right number. I'd think it was a scam to steal my identity, but I received several other calls just asking about car and other loans and such and not asking for any other personal info. Weird stuff... hope your weird calls end here!

I may have hosted the first Latvian headphone meet! 3 headphones, 3 amps, 2 DACs and two guys. So technically that was a headphone meet! Saved another soul from the pseudo objectivist nonsense that's been going rampant these days. Turns out that nothing beats a good listening session and surprisingly- Dynalo mops the floor with O2.

Congrats (belated) on 10 years, pretty scary how close I'm getting to that mark. Eek, @ Shelly. At least the bullet wasn't aimed at you. Bummer, Vicki, but try to keep the long term in mind and not suffer the day to day to much.

Me - time to do a little grocery shopping with Lily.

Thanks Nate :) I can relate to that, it doesn't really feel like 10 yrs.