And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

After promising myself repeatedly in the past not to do so on a weekend, went to the local H Mart (a large Asian grocery store chain) anyway. A horrible choice. The store was packed and it made for a bit of frustrating visit. At least they had the brand of rice I usually buy in stock this time. Stopped at Five Guys for lunch and all was well.

Went over to Bryan and Allison's for dinner. Allison wowed us with butternut squash soup, artichoke and asiago stuffed mushrooms, broccoli with garlic, roasted sweet and regular potatoes and black-eyed pea burgers with serrano peppers and a nice tomato salsa for topping. Everything was delicious and we had a great time. In addition, we got to meet their awesome dog Poe. Made me feel at home when he snuggled up to me on the sofa for a while. Got me thinking about getting a dog of our own.

So thanks to my Lil Bro and his wonderful lady Allison. You two are the best.

• Like 2

I'm at my trailer for my annual grouse hunting week.. Started with tendonitis in my left arm followed by arthritus in my left shoulder. The pup (almost 11 months old) got lost in the woods today but I was there watching out for him. Great weather about to turn colder. A very mellow Monday with an entire week ahead. Good times! laugh.png

Found out that one of the mathematicians I know (not that well but I have met a few times) had a nervous breakdown and stripped naked in front of his class at MSU. He wasn't very old or all that crazy to begin with.

Edit: To be fair, I should say that he certainly wasn't crazy to begin with that I knew of. Pretty scary.

Edited by shellylh

Found out that one of the mathematicians I know (not that well but I have met a few times) had a nervous breakdown and stripped naked in front of his class at MSU. He wasn't very old or all that crazy to begin with.

Edit: To be fair, I should say that he certainly wasn't crazy to begin with that I knew of. Pretty scary.

Agreed, I doubt it had anything to do with being a mathematician. You're safe.

That said, it's always sad to hear about those things.

Not that I'm the the last word in character judgement, but I think I'm pretty good at sizing people up.

You are definitely not the crazy, naked in public type of personality. For better or worse I see you more as the rock. The one that not only stays in check, but keeps others in check as well.

Leased an apartment. It will be nice, having about 2.5x the space I have in hoboken.

What area?

Edited by swt61