And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Decided to take most of the afternoon off since it was just gorgeous out, and I could. The current conditions had a very light wind, but forecast for a wind change and large increase later in the day.

Got 27 miles in on the bike (ok, 26.85) and felt good, unlike bonking on a previous ride. Still out of shape, but getting better. The wind of course switched and I did much of the last 8 or 9 miles into about an 18-20 mph wind. Last mile or so was fun though, with the wind! Stopped in at a Trek store I hadn't been to, but had seen at about mile 10. Still don't like modern bikes :) I shudder to think how much it would cost me to get something modern but equivalent to my bike (full Campy, etc.)

After three days of blood, sweat, tears, and some newly invented profanity while trying nearly every method to pull this damn gear off, I decided to go the destructive route and finally got it off.

The problem:

zKkyv.jpg

The solution:

S2BEM.jpg

No wonder it didn't want to come off:

V8vEB.jpg

The HD video was a bit choppy and stopped a lot more than Netflix. Maybe a lot of people are trying it out and their servers are busy. Not sure.

Edit: I guess my connection might have been slow (although I have no reason to believe that). I'll give it a try again later.

Edited by shellylh

Decided to take most of the afternoon off since it was just gorgeous out, and I could. The current conditions had a very light wind, but forecast for a wind change and large increase later in the day.

Got 27 miles in on the bike (ok, 26.85) and felt good, unlike bonking on a previous ride. Still out of shape, but getting better. The wind of course switched and I did much of the last 8 or 9 miles into about an 18-20 mph wind. Last mile or so was fun though, with the wind! Stopped in at a Trek store I hadn't been to, but had seen at about mile 10. Still don't like modern bikes smile.png I shudder to think how much it would cost me to get something modern but equivalent to my bike (full Campy, etc.)

Though I have a fuzzy memory of reading it in a thread, I don't really remember. What kind of bike do you have?

I knew I wanted a steel bike, even though folks I know who are into cycling down here thought I was nuts for not going carbon. I don't regret it. If I wanted to spend double what I did, I might have considered titanium, but that just seemed nuts for my needs.

Oh, and my brother, kids, dog and house were all fine. The tornados and hale missed their part of Dallas.

Though I have a fuzzy memory of reading it in a thread, I don't really remember. What kind of bike do you have?

I knew I wanted a steel bike, even though folks I know who are into cycling down here thought I was nuts for not going carbon. I don't regret it. If I wanted to spend double what I did, I might have considered titanium, but that just seemed nuts for my needs.

Oh, and my brother, kids, dog and house were all fine. The tornados and hale missed their part of Dallas.

Glad your brother and family are ok Vicki.

My bike is a '73 Raleigh RRA, which I built up full Campy Nuovo Record, replaced the derailleurs in the '80s with Super Record. Friction shift (Simplex Retrofriction levers), so you have to hit the gears (not indexed), but for my needs is fine. BTW, I like your Gunnar alot.

bike_side_new_2011.jpg