And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Will be heading to the Seattle meet today. Main goal is to hear Doc B's PCM1704 DAC...hope he can bring the prototype he's hinted at.

Otherwise, mixed feelings about this meet. The general disorganization of the Seattle group reigns supreme, yet nobody seems to care. Weird. I must be a picky bitch. wacko.png Oh well, looks like some cool raffle items so maybe I'll luck out.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/576440/seattle-meet-front-panel-express-1-21-2012 for reference.

Edited by bhjazz

Been there, Shelly, bummer to have to go thru it. Last big storm here, we actually kept electricity but lost all Comcast services (phone, TV, internet) for 3-4 days IIRC. Made for a weird life laugh.png

Me today: went to visit a friend recovering from some surgery. It's the third time they've gone in, and they found out they'll need to do one more again. He wasn't happy. But it's not terminal by any means, and he'll eventually be OK.

Naw, a long day of travel is 16-20+ hours of driving ;)

16hrs of driving, sitting, flying, sitting, flying, driving seemed long enough. And yeah, Shelly, you've got to love the Gov who only cares about the lowest fare and not the shortest travel time. At least all of yesterday goes in the books as comp time that I can use as vacation time.

The people next door were having some kind of party for kids, apparently. An ice cream truck showed up and parked on the road right in front of my house. Then for about 30 minutes, all I heard was,

"Da da - da da da,

da da - da da dum,

Da da, da da dada,

da dada - da dum."

Over and over and over again...

Edited by Wmcmanus

The people next door were having some kind of party for kids, apparently. An ice cream truck showed up and parked on the road right in front of my house. Then for about 30 minutes, all I heard was,

"Da da - da da da,

da da - da da dum,

Da da, da da dada,

da dada - da dum."

Over and over and over again...

Why didn't you just pick out a pair of sealed headphones and make it go away?

Oh, and as for what I did today. Took the ferry from Bremerton into Seattle and spent a few hours walking around. It was a very un-Seattle day with clear skies and temps in the upper 40s. Couldn't have asked for better. Seattle seems to be a nice place and if the weather wasn't shit for 350 days out of the year I think I could live here.

141090580.jpg

Little Monkey and I stayed home sick.

:sadcat: (unless you were both playing hooky)

Oh, and as for what I did today. Took the ferry from Bremerton into Seattle and spent a few hours walking around. It was a very un-Seattle day with clear skies and temps in the upper 40s. Couldn't have asked for better. Seattle seems to be a nice place and if the weather wasn't shit for 350 days out of the year I think I could live here.

Sounds nice... except for the upper 40s but I guess that isn't too bad for someone from the NE.