And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Thanks!

It's a bit strange, because I'm used to being the guy that's 100% confident in his abilities on the job. But it's good to shake things up now and then. 

Also, there's a local carpenter named Jack that has done lots of work on Al's Fairfax house. In 2013 I worked with him on a bathroom remodel above the garage (Frank's old place). And he also saw me building some stuff for Al and Claire. Well on Friday he came into Fairfax Lumber, saw me working there and inquired about that. Augie (the president) started to introduce him to me, and Jack told him that we had worked together several years back. He also said that I could build anything and that I was the best carpenter he'd ever worked with. Not only did that make me feel great, it seemed to impress the boss even more.

There's a guy who rents space from Fairfax Lumber who builds furniture on site. His name is Dean. Dean was also standing there, and told Augie to be careful or he'd steal me away from him. 

Just nice to be recognized for something I put decades of passion into.

Edited by swt61
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Al's Sister Rini gave me a gift card to a cool record shop in Petaluma for my Birthday, back in February. Today Maki and I took the scenic back road and I decided on some used CDs to maximize my yield. 

20240811_163954.jpg

20240811_163959.jpg

I was excited to find that Nitty Gritty Dirt Band CD.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

No more Olympics to watch so back to snake catching. The best I can tell it is just under a meter in length. I will take him for a one-way canyon ride tomorrow and toss him into the bush. 

image.jpeg

• Like 8

Got my latest COVID booster (Pfizer) today.  With Karen in treatments and us doing some travelling soon we wanted to be caught up.  We got the latest version, didn't think it was coming out until later September or October; so feel good about that.

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, Voltron said:

Cool! Could I see the northern lights with your naked eyes or only in pics? We have had the latter a couple of times recently.

IMG_1403.jpeg

We could see “combined frequency” brightness, like a faded white light.  I had to set camera (iphone) exposure, etc. to see the lights in color.  I loved the one where the cloud was drenched in green, though!!

Got to work to hear that the employee toilet was leaking. It's a hardware store, but nobody seemed to know what to do. I grabbed a wax ring, wrench and caulk. Had it fixed in about an hour. Was offered 2 hours off at the end of my shift. Seems fair to me.

Paid of course. 

• Like 8