And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Spent the day in Castle Rock Park.  

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Possibly saw evidence of the original Ohlone people or aliens or maybe local kids who had seen too many A24 films. 

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Hung out with some down on their luck trucker who waxed poetically (or at least consistently) about their hatred of bugs, the heat, and people taking their photograph. 

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Finally caught the fireworks. 

FullSizeRender.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Went to the world premiere of the play Chaplin and Keaton on the Set of Limelight. Admired much of its depth, while also being irritated (an increasingly common feeling) by what's sacrificed in messy greatness for a more crafted output - equal number of lines, actors time, pivotal scenes properly spaced, traditional act structure, etc. all to serve a balanced, acceptable story. That didn’t start here though and still greatly enjoyed the dialog on comedy's purpose, the two comedian's differences, etc. 

ChaplinKeaton_Rehearsal_20240626_44491_©2024ArgunTekant.jpg

Photo3.jpg

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 4

I finished inputting into a spreadsheet all of the shows that Claire and I have kept ticket stubs for. She started the project years ago and logged over 300 shows from her journals, ticket stubs and scrap books. Now that I have finished all paper tickets we still have and added some that I have in memory but not on paper, the total is over 600 concerts, mostly rock (broadly defined) and jazz with a mix of symphony, bluegrass, rap, country, etc.  There is a small percentage that we went to separately and I am not done scraping my memory and my friends' memories, but the bulk is now recorded. We're wondering if we will hit 1000 shows before we slip this mortal coil. Actually, that reminds me that I think I saw that band and definitely saw Dead Can Dance...

• Like 11

5 hours ago, robm321 said:

Shaving your head is a liberating experience. Congrats Dusty!  

That goes for crotches too. I'm from the bushy generation, but a nice crew cut down under is quite refreshing. 

T.M.I.?

14 hours ago, swt61 said:

I believe the P.C. term is folically challenged.

When I was in college, I was in a suite with a gent named Chuck (Charles).   He would go to me and others with receding hairlines and warn us "...your follicles are CHOKING, pal....!" 😄

I am now almost completely bald, but I gave him some humorous grief that his receding hairline up his forehead went faster than mine.  Only difference is now he has more (and darker) hair on his sides and back then me.

But I enjoy this....I use a trimmer to shave what little is left maybe every 2-3 weeks, no cost to get a haircut anymore.

• Like 4

My oldest Brother started balding in high school. The middle Brother in his late 20s.

Needless to say I was constantly worrying about starting to lose my hair. Luckily for me I didn't do any thinning until after 50.

Now I don't really care.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skullguise said:

When I was in college, I was in a suite with a gent named Chuck (Charles).   He would go to me and others with receding hairlines and warn us "...your follicles are CHOKING, pal....!" 😄

I am now almost completely bald, but I gave him some humorous grief that his receding hairline up his forehead went faster than mine.  Only difference is now he has more (and darker) hair on his sides and back then me.

But I enjoy this....I use a trimmer to shave what little is left maybe every 2-3 weeks, no cost to get a haircut anymore.

And showering takes a fraction as long, and drying off after a shower takes a fraction as long...but what am I supposed to do with this gargantuan bottle of shampoo?  I'm only supposed to use a nickel-sized dollop every time...

Oh, and hats, I get to start wearing hats again.  What do you think?

https://www.etsy.com/market/black_leather_hat

• Like 3