And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I was driving through Lloydminster AB today, and called the company that made one of my drumsets, because I'm missing a piece of hardware and they're based around there, so I thought I might try stopping by the factory and seeing if they had my missing piece.  There was no answer, so I just kept driving as it was another 10 hours before I'd get home.

About half an hour later, I notice that my phone, which was in silent mode for some reason, had taken a call from Canwood Percussion.  Fred Pepper, the founder and master drum-maker of the company, had left a message saying sorry he missed my call.  So I called him back and we had a very pleasant chat, mostly about the weather.  He didn't have my piece of hardware, because he hasn't been able to source that particular piece for 20 years.  He seemed like a very cool, down-to-earth guy, and he told me to stop by the shop for a visit the next time I was through.  He makes really nice-sounding drums if mine are any indication.  I'm looking forward to seeing how he does it.

• Like 2

Sorry CJ,   I have a torn MCL and it is a royal PIA.  Depending on activity I may wear a neoprene sleeve (heat makes it feel better) or when hiking/hunting I actually wear a Don Joy brace - which is surprisingly comfortable.

Edited by Aimless1

Ugh, not fun CJ and I really feel your pain.  I'd guess I'm well on my way to needing to get my L knee scoped.

As for today - took off a little early to have a strategic planning session with two guys from work.

Banded Horn Double IPA

156415534.jpg

Left there to go get a haircut and got caught in this....

156415533.jpg

Near zero visibility hail and rain.  Speed dropped from 70 to 10mph in a few seconds.  This went on for several miles until I got this text...

156415532.jpg

Thankfully none of that type of madness showed up but it was rather volatile for the next few hours.  It's just starting to clear now although it's still raining w/ thunder and lightning but the sun is out.

Wow, stay safe guys.  I wish we could have some of that rain.

Nate, if LA had a brief shower like you experienced, the freeways would be a sea of automobile wreckage.  Californians don't have a clue when it comes to driving in inclement weather. 

Edited by Augsburger

A Chiropractor (Kinesiologist) has provided relief from excessive sweating where every doctor I've consulted has failed, and current internist swears it shouldn't do any thing.  He took care of my needs and that was the end of it after 4 visits.

I would stay away from those who are practicing integrated medicine.