And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Of course, if the cut doesn't heal quickly enough, the damaged neurons may follow the wrong path and head towards the sunlight. If this occurs, you could end up with a "patch" of nerve cells on the outside of your thumb.

It would be very much like when the head lady Borg gave Data his own "bit of skin".

You'd probably end up whiling away the hours stroking it and cooing like a loon.

Probably!

I was woken up early by a call from work saying our systems were still down and to not report until noon. Yay! Extra sleep!

Now, I'm wide awake, too excited to go to sleep, and I have plans for breakfast with kids, roomie, and a good friend from work at a place called "Aretha Frankenstein's." Awesome pancakes, huge biscuits (which I hear they will be out of if Jeff, Al, or Colin read this post before then), and also a variety of adult beverage for sale with breakfast.

I figure we're going to get paid for four hours of work, so I should either have a really short day, or should be able to get some extra time in today and leave early on the 3rd. Good times!

**BRENT**

Cool, Nate. The place is about a mile or so from my house. I don't get to go there often enough, and it'll be the first time for the kids.

I think Rachel Ray came here for her "$40 a Day" TV show. Had a bit of food and left a dollar or so for tip. I know she was on a budget, and that got them some press, but I REALLY hope someone dropped a 5 dollar bill on the table or something. That's Mr. Pink numbers...

**BRENT**

I see your very pretty sunset and raise you some midnight sun high in the north sky:

IXOB2sWh.jpg

I took that on Saturday morning on my way to work so roughly 4:10AM.  Simply too pretty not to capture even if it was just on the iphone and I was running late... 

• Like 4

It's not a sunrise as it never went down in the first place.  :) 

Yikes, I don't think that I could deal with that much sun, that early in the day.  That and my kids would never go to bed or would wake up entirely too early.

Here is the odd bit, we are so used to this that our natural clocks aren't knocked off balance.  Since we have the reverse effect in December we can't rely on daylight as some barometer of what time it is.  This comes with being raised here but my friend from CT is still not used to this after 6 years. 

Good luck with the move Stretch!  

Today was the first day of my year long sabbatical (thanks to Rice and a fellowship from the Simon Foundation)!  Unfortunately, I didn't get as much research done as I would have liked.   :(

Edited by shellylh

Coming from "The Land of the Midnight Sun" I can say that what seems odd to some is someone else's normal. I never thought that going to bed when it was light outside was unusual. Just the same as pitch Black at 4:00 pm in December was my normal.

Best of luck with the move Stretch.

Fingers and toes crossed for a successful move, Stretch.  My sister is currently suffering through the aftermath of a move where the movers saw fit to 1) pack the TV in the truck without any packing material (now broken) and 2) pack a glass lamp shade with the cast iron pans (also broken).  Those are just the tip of the shitberg.