And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

It was last night... But I was making hamburgers for dinner, the pan melted, and I burned the hell out of my foot when some molten metal splashed the floor and hit the sole of my foot while I was trying to take care of the situation.

Good times.

qedytytu.jpg

ajyqypap.jpg

pu7aby2y.jpg

I need to find which piece of metal looks like the mark above. I remember peeling it off my foot at some point.

**BRENT**

It was a borrowed pan. It was on the burner heating up for a burger (my other stuff has something in it in the fridge), so I grabbed this one I borrowed. I had it heating up while I was starting to wrap up some pre-made patties to freeze for later, then I dropped a burger on. I also had the oven on with fries cooking, so it was hotter than normal. It wound up smoking more than it should have, so I went to pull it off the heat and it dripped a lovely silvery metal all over my stove, and a little on the floor, which splashed up onto my foot. I ran outside to the wet grass off the porch, cooled it off enough to pull the metal off that was fused to my foot, and went back in to deal with the tons of smoke filling the place.

I don't know what was worse... the 20 hours of pain so far, or the fact that I didn't get my burger. I REALLY want a burger, but damn, I don't want to cook for a while.

I think I'm going to order a pizza.

**BRENT**

Somehow a kitchen pan supposedly meant to handle up to 8000 BTUs of direct heat melting seems counter intuitive. Electric stove elements get up to 450 degrees so a empty frying pan melting is very unusual.  Was the frying pan a brand name?

Welcome back Jacob!

I once turned on the wrong burner and melted an empty double-boiler that was idling on said burner. Totally melted into rivulets of liquid aluminum, just like Brent's only more so. Given that it was some sort of favorite pan (of Bonnie's), thank heavens a local store carried that particular pan!