And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Aren't you in med school CJ? You should know better. That sucks though.

Speaking of injuries and taking NSAIDS, I went to the orthopedist today to find out what is wrong with my bicep. It has been hurting/inflamed for the last 3+ weeks (the massage therapist injured it while I was getting a massage). I've already seen my GP but wanted a second opinion since it is not getting better and it is the bicep where I have bicep tendonitis. They think it is just a bad bruise and are sending me back to PT for a month. This news is certainly much better than a tear but still frustrating that it isn't better yet. I'm tired of being old and injured and tired of not being able to work out at the gym. Luckily I have a topical NSAID now (Voltaren Gel) so I won't end up like CJ.

Edited by shellylh

Found out that it had been taking way too much ibuprofen to manage the knee injury in San Diego last October to the point where I now have stomach ulcers that hurt like mofos. Went to get blood drawn twice. First time, the nurse tried 3 times and couldn't get it. They asked me to come back later. The new nurse tried again and failed but the doctor was able to get it. On the way out the doctor noticed a spot on my shoulder where the whole tetanus incident had happened. Pulled up my sleeve and found it draining. Got sent up to dermatology for a biopsy. Was scratching my lower legs incessantly. They have been itching for 3 years without a diagnosis other than neuro dermatitis which is a diagnosis of exclusion anyways. The attending noticed it and started running around. Said it would be best to do a biopsy of the leg as well as the symptoms were indicative of something bad.

'Twas a rough day.

Yeezh, dude.  Aren't y'all doctors and wannabe doctors supposed to take better care of yourselves?  I know every doctor I've ever had has had that envy-inducing healthy glow...

That said, I really sympathize.  I have (spoilers for TMI)

a serious case of jock itch that I can not track down -- lice (though I've never seen anything other than the occasional one-off, and never anywhere on me), herpes, parasites of some sort for not adequately washing my hands after cleaning the cat litter, psychosomatically and/or allergy induced, other

that I have yet to figure out.

Yeezh to you, too, Shelly.

Endured a bad hailstorm that left two of the four cars dented, and hailstones the size of golfballs punched a hole right through the seat of a plastic deck chair. Now to get the roof inspected. The scalp laceration my daughter endured just to get her car out of the driveway and into the garage while I was gone will heal...

She collected some hailstones after administering 1st aid to her scalp, and so they'd melted a good bit by then.

post-905-0-57035300-1400748567_thumb.jpg

post-905-0-98257900-1400748583_thumb.jpg

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

Wow, lots of news.....

Steve: congrat!  [Jewish mother voice} So....what does he do for a living....? [/Jewish mother voice]

CJ, Shelly, Dusty, wishing you all good healing.....sorry to hear of the malaises....

Larry, WTF did your area do to piss off Mother Nature so much?!  Hope no major damage.....

How did I miss this before?

Hell yeah!!!!!!!

Agreed, hell yeah!

Larry, having lived through hail storms and the resulting damange I can empathize.  Prep for trouble and painful insurance negotitations for both the car and the house.  Make sure that the adjuster is specifically well-versed in hail damage.  When a big storm hit our area many companies called in specialized adjusters who deal with disaster response. We had about $15k worth of damage to the house and our car was totaled.  It was a huge pain in the ass and took months to get everything fixed because everyone else was in the same boat.  We ended up with undocumented water damage becaues of a roof leak that went undetected.  I still haven't bothered to get it fixed and it's an annoyance....

CJ, Shelly, Dusty, wishing you all good healing.....sorry to hear of the malaises

This.  None of that sounds fun.

Larry, when it is safe to do so check your roof for damage.  We had a hail storm in Arizona a few years ago and the hail knocked some holes in the asphalt shingles which would have led to roof leaks had we not caught  it in time.

I recently gave Facebook another try. I wanted to be able to keep in touch with friends and relatives I don't see often. I'm thinking I was right to hate Facebook after all.

A Cousin of mine posted some trash about gays being an abomination to God. Gotta love having Redneck relatives! I felt it my duty to post another viewpoint, but I was tactful, reasonable and polite. She posted "Why are you shitting on my post?" I posted "Why are you shitting on my life?" Her..."WTF are you talking about?" Me..."I'm gay! It's no secret!!!" "You post the voice of hatred, and I'll post the voice of reason. Say hello to your Mom for me."

Fucking uneducated bigots!

• Like 2

It may take a while, but stick it out, Steve.  Eventually they'll realize that being gay is just a thing.  I firmly believe that we're finally on the downhill slope for that battle.  It may take generations until everyone is convinced, but casual homophobia will become as taboo as casual racism in most circles soon.

When the judge ruled that gay marriage is allowed in PA the other day, I was shocked when the Governor decided not to fight it, because he knew he'd lose. It's inevitable now.

Plus, the great thing about facebook is you can pick and choose which battles you fight.

• Like 1