And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Your Navy job is way cooler than mine Nate. I spent the last two days in a room with a bunch of university professors asking a bunch of questions and being talked down to when I explained that we already looked at their great idea and it didn't work....

I also found out that senior managment here doesn't actually value managing research engineers effectively and solving problems. Therefore I am going to have to some how keep up a full or almost full research load along with helping out department wide so as to be able to make a case for getting an actual promotion not just an in-title and more responsibility promotion.

Edited by Dreadhead

My job has its good days and bad, Chris. I suspect that if you hung out with me this Thursday that you'd have a radically different view.

Gene, yes Charlestown would make a great meeting spot but there is certainly no shortage of good/great spots in Portsmouth. You just pick one and I'll be there :).

business maco-economics.  it would have been fine, but it just went too quickly, so each week i didn't know if i had learned the stuff that later stuff was built on, until yet later stuff built on the second stuff was due.  i'd be fine in a regular semester, but with the restructuring at work, and life as it is now, i just didn't have enough time to devote to it presented this way.  i also need to completely relearn algebra, which i'll do before i take the class again.  withdrawing now doesn't count against me, as long as i take it again (which i have to to get the degree).

Econ minus algebra, yeah that would be kinda rough. At least it wasn't the kind of econ class you'd have needed calculus for.

Fucking SAS Coding. :nate: Well that is what I have been doing for the past two weeks. Since SAS has not updated their handling and interconversion of matrices and data sets in the last 30 years and this should have taken at most two days, I think I will be switching to R.