And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

she didnt seem to be a bad actress in Mean Girls...or is it just not hard to play a teenage girl when you are one?

Everyone loved her in Parent Trap and Mean Girls, less so in Freaky Friday, but I can't think if the name of another movie she's been in since those (except for all the bad press about Liz and Dick). I think she had a lot of potential but the drugs and alcohol ruined it (or are genetics from her dad to blame?).

Took everyone out to Golden Corral for Zoe's 10th birthday dinner. Yes, it was HER choice. :) We had a good dinner (so-so food, but a lot of it), and there was a Chocolate Wonderfall! 5 tiered chocolate fountain? Yeah, that's fun. She didn't get the birthday hat she thought they had, so that was disappointing, but overall, not too shabby. Still, ten years... I feel so old!

**BRENT**

Ok here's what happened with Liz & Dick: it sucked syphilitic moose wang.

We drank, variously:

bud-light-chelada-300x300.jpg

(ok, that was a dare)

then

2010_Beer_PaleAle.jpg

and some

stella-artois.jpg

and a couple of

sa_winter_lager.jpg

None of it helped.

Edit: I feel like I just wrote a head-case rebus--there's nothing to solve. Just write some text and insert booze graphics, and you get a narrative.

This particular rebus was cheap, to match the program material.

Edited by cutestory

Good luck Dan. Those things can be a pain in the ass. I am and I am not looking forward to figuring out how to buy a high powered workstation within the Navy purchasing system. I will miss my blade server here at work that meant that I didn't need big iron at my desk.

If it's going to be running on the NMCI network it won't matter how much horsepower there is in the box.

If it's going to be running on the NMCI network it won't matter how much horsepower there is in the box.

We get separate computers for research and NMCI computers. They realized that getting people to do computations on NMCI was not tenable.

You might be able to get an account on the navo classified system Chris.

Dan long term I think I'll get sorted out with cluster access etc but right now I'm spoiled by not having to sit in queue etc.

Passed our functionality test. Apparently it was the best function test in the last 10+ years. Now we need to figure out a few annoying details, and then enter our 30 day run test.

I may just take you up on that sometime smile.png

Given what you do, and your clearance, I think it's something that makes sense. And getting a relationship with this lab might benefit both you and the lab...

It is pretty. :)

The good news is that's it's not broken, nor have I done any significant new damage, even though I still can put no weight on it without screaming pain. The cast is to completely immobilize it to "cool it down," and revist in two weeks. I asked the wtf with the pain if I'd not done new damage, and he took out a highlighter on this section of my MRI report:

Severe ankle joint osteoarthritis with complete loss of cartilage along the bulk of the tibial plafond as well as essentially complete loss of cartilage along the medial talar dome. There is marked bony hypertrophy along the syndesmosis, worse on the tibila side and there is evidence of prior ORIF of the distal fibula. This is clearly chronic. Large subcortical cysts are forming on both sides of hte markedly degenerated tibiotalar joint. Chronic moderate posterior subtalar joint osteroarthristis. Osteoarthristis of the third tarsometatarsal joint, also likely chronice. Mild pre-Archilles bursitis. This could be an acute finding.

I have to look up what most of that means, but I don't really care. Truth is I'm thrilled. It's just my regular old messed up ankle that I love. Apparently falling eight feet onto whatever that report is talking about needs to be avoided, but I'll be fine. It may take two weeks. It may take two months. I'll be back to normal, and that's all tha matters.