And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Getting everything ready for the cross town journey to the LA Coliseum for the USC/Notre Dame Game.

Look for me, I will be wearing a neutral colored green polo and an uncomfortable smile. Weather is forecast to be mid 80's, what is the weather like in your neighborhood? azn.gif

Yesterday a very nice b-day with the girls, wife and visiting in-laws. Today we are setting an early b-day party for the younger girl, she is turning 2 already. Her b-day is actually next Friday, but grandparents won't be in town then.

Very nice Thanksgiving week, all in all.

Pictures Vicki?

Nice to hear many good times were had, we're back from NY/NJ, good time there too. My father-in-law waited until literally the lunch before we were leaving to become his grumpy old man self. But all was good, and it's nice to be home with a night and day to spare before the reality of work.

Played the records we bought yesterday on the little den speaker system, which was in fine voice.

Used the Torx bits I bought at Harbor Freight to adjust the tailgate glass latch on the Smart. To do this, you actually take the back body panel off the car (six little screws), leaving a skin-less vehicle. It's an odd car. Washed the cars and pressure cleaned the sidewalk.

Then we went to the more or less new restaurant on Anglin's pier and had lobster rolls.

Good day.

Bought a second iphone and had it activated before leaving the Verizon store. Returned the original iphone at Apple at Columbia Mall.

Originally it looked like I was not going to be given an at-store-return/refund since it had been 30 days since purchase. The problem with that is I've only had the thing in my hands for like 2 days. It didnt leave China until November 15th, i can hardly see how that build time is in my control.

I had to call Apple on my (working) iphone in store (with about 30 employees and maybe 60 customers) and have them email me a return label that I forwarded to store staff so they could return it on my behalf so I could be sure everything was resolved before walking out the store. I now know that store staff need to get stuff done and not to expect much from the phone help.

Oh and my work bounced the original email so I had to call Apple twice and have them send the mail label to a different email than the one I purchased everything with / my apple id.

What an adventure.

Edited by aardvark baguette

Originally it looked like I was not going to be given an at-store-return/refund since it had been 30 days since purchase. The problem with that is I've only had the thing in my hands for like 2 days.
That's bullshit.

Everything else sounds par for the course -- and one of the reasons I hate buying retail. The good thing about the economy going down the toilet is that I've noticed that customer service has actually improved.

Last night: saw Insomnium, Alestorm, and Epica with Dusty and my sister. Twas a good night. Yargh, maties.
Yeah, that was fun. Alestorm was pirate metal -- even their ballad was "Nancy the Tavern Wench". Epica sounded fucking tight and played all the tracks I wanted them to.

My only regret (besides missing Insomnium) is -- no end-of-tour shenanigans! sad.png

About to sit down with a large group of friends, get extremely drunk, and watch the train wreck that is Liz & Dick. Will report back later.

I saw clips of this on line and found the acting horrendous. I can't imagine they actually paid lilo for this disaster and I can't imagine she can ever get work again after this.