And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Here, CJ. I'll give you a chance to practice. This is a pic from today's doc appointment. What's wrong with this ankle?

C012282D-85A0-4F83-8D6B-5BBBC284BE5D-15381-00002018098C50DF.jpg

LOL, Even a skilled traumatologist would have a tough time to diagnose from that pic. The flash spot isn't helping either. I see two possible injuries, one in the tibia the other in the fibula. My vote goes for the last one, specially if your ankle sprained. Good part is that it doesn't seem displaced.

Antonio wins! Though the iphone pic off the light box or whatever you docs call that thing doesn't help, both the ER doc and my ortho (guy I saw yesterday) said they can't diagnose off the pics, as there is no obvious big new damage, just a messed up arthritic ankle. Problem is that two weeks in, I've no swelling, but can't put any weight at all on it without screaming pain. MRI time to rule out this and thats, but I now have to wait for workman's comp to come back from holiday to set up an appointment. I did get the impression from my ortho doc that he's not too worried and figures that i just came down hard it on, it hurts, and I need to stay off of it until it doesn't hurt, but will be back to normal in a few weeks.

Vicki, you've got a broken bone, and that aches. Normally it takes about 4 weeks to get a decent fracture callus (or whatever it's said in English). On that Rx I don't see any yet. It's at that point when pain relieves, but still it's normal some pain when charging your weight on the joint.

Are you wearing a cast yet?

Take it easy, I don't think the MRI will throw new light on the problem, but won't hurt either. Give some time to your body to heal, don't overload the ankle if you're allowed to charge weight on it, and try not to gain weight. I'm sure the outcome will be great ;) The fracture is clean and should heal without complications.

Thanks. I'm know I'm going to be fine. I'm just antsy to get back to moving around. It seems that every time I'm on the verge of being in really good shape, I do something stupid, injure myself, then have to start up all over again. That starting up process gets slower and is more annoying with every year. Oh well.

I'm just antsy to get back to moving around. It seems that every time I'm on the verge of being in really good shape, I do something stupid, injure myself, then have to start up all over again. That starting up process gets slower and is more annoying with every year. Oh well.

THIS! I haven't been well enough to have a really good workout in over a year. My hip has mostly healed, then it was my shoulder. Now, my shoulder is almost better and I have had this aweful cold. I am thankful that I will eventually be better though. (crosses fingers)

Sympathies. I have similar problems, only in my case it's not any one thing, it's disregarding my health in progressively worse ways for progressively longer periods of time. So for example, latest iteration, I haven't exercised and allowed myself to gain weight, so although I'm not in the worst shape of my life, I am probably at my most overweight.

this new phone wont activate for shit.

So the phone was not sent with a number for some reason. Is that the cause of the problem? Probably. Maybe. After talking to Apple, I had a lovely merry-go-round with half a dozen Verizon customer service reps. Twice. After an inordinate amount of waiting time I was told the rep would call me back in about half an hour (this was at 4:30pm). It sounds like there is some paperwork that was not included in the box. Nobody called back.

Unsurprisingly everyone has been less than worthless, so I'll be going to the Verizon store tomorrow. If they can't figure it out it goes back to apple and I'm getting something else. This is so stupid and my time is too valuable to be waisted trying to give Verizon my money.

Edited by aardvark baguette