And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I do need a 335d.

If you can afford one, buy one. I would. You're unlikely to see a car like this in the US probably ever again. Also, I'd never buy an M3 in my 20s. The insurance is likely to be insane and at least worth checking into as it may contribute significantly to the overall ownership cost. I also think that M3's are a hey look at me car, but that's my hangup. The 335D is just about the ultimate sleeper car and I actually wish they'd tuned it for a bit less power.

Nate, what flaws are you referring to about the toyasubs? Without having actually having a chance to sit in them and run into stuff (err, test drive), I have seen very little not to like.

I can't find it now. It was something I read via Flipboard months ago and was a head to head of the Sub and Scion. The author noted flaws (not major) with both incarnations. IIRC something about a transmission in one and buzziness in both and something else. It could have just been a pissy journalist.

Can't complain much about the 335d, mainly wish they had but the LSD from the M3 into it to deal with all the torque. As a daily driver it's a much more practical car due to the way it delivers it's power and gets decent gas mileage. I get about 29 mpg and I drive it pretty hard. As for less power, I put a JBD on mine and could go for a bit more. Rumor mill is that they might introduce a F30 diesel. I really wish they had the M550xd stateside.

Nate, the e36 and e46 M3s are a bit more tame than the e30 (first gen) and e90/92/93 (last gen, but latest M3). It has flared fenders, but they're subtle. The hood bulge is subtle too. I think it's agressive but still has a bit of the e46 level of classiness to it.

I don't think Colin's looking to buy a car to last him the rest of his life, I think he's looking to try out some cars to see what fits him. Fortunately for him, he has a great, big Mexican friend who's a big BMW junkie to steer him clear of Mustangs and the like. (Mustangs have their place, but not with Colin). I don't think he's going to put more than 5k miles on the car in a year, and as far as the 335d goes, it's an AMAZING car, but I don't think he's wanting to go that deep yet. He's at that "just became a grownup and wants a grownup toy" stage, I think. The e46 M3 is flashier than the e92 335d (I'm not if they're making an f30/1 335d, just the 330d at best). I think you, me, naaman (needs a new one), Dan, Mike, Colin, etc all need a 335d to keep forever, as I agree, it's a fantastic sleeper that probably isn't going to happen again, but I think Colin is looking to -- how should I say -- strut like a peacock, perhaps? ;)

The insurance is definitely going to be higher than a 330ci, so run the numbers and see what the extra 100HP + extras are worth to you. I think he should go with an e60 M5, simply because there's a *25% more horsepower* button.

**BRENT**

i put up a logo design contest on 99designs, to see if i can spruce up the HeadAmp logo, before having a new improved website made

http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/logo-wanted-headamp-audio-electronics-172729

^ entries so far. most are pretty bad. there's 1 i kind of like but dont know if its appropriate or better than what i already have.

i put up a logo design contest on 99designs, to see if i can spruce up the HeadAmp logo, before having a new improved website made

http://99designs.com...ctronics-172729

^ entries so far. most are pretty bad. there's 1 i kind of like but dont know if its appropriate or better than what i already have.

I like #13 and #23, but don't see anything wrong with your current logo, just that others are a little more playful or fun.

I like #13 and #23, but don't see anything wrong with your current logo, just that others are a little more playful or fun.

and i think that's whats needed especially as i am now selling other companies headphones which they can go and get at a dozen other places. plus, web and print advertising is important, and i think the current logo is too dull for it. I did put in the contest design brief that i was mainly interested in seeing enhancements to the current logo, and that instruction seems to have been ignored.

my favorite one, or the one i think has the most potential, is #3.

Edited by justin
  • Like 1

Actually, I really don't like any of them. I don't think they do justice to the type of high end business that you have built. If I were visiting your website for the first time and saw any of those as your logo I would immediately take you for main stream audio. You are much better than any of those, really.

Actually, I really don't like any of them. I don't think they do justice to the type of high end business that you have built. If I were visiting your website for the first time and saw any of those as your logo I would immediately take you for main stream audio. You are much better than any of those, really.

i agree they do better as a $99 headphone store, and not on a BHSE. i havent seen anything with a high level of sophistication. i tried looking around at other high-end audio company websites, and that was a disaster. no idea how those guys still manage to make millions of $$ with a website that looks like its from 1994.

these are too busy.

when people submit logos to contests, they are intimidated to send in simple designs.

But simple designs work, especially when they get printed on small materials and literature.

You should just take the font you used for the BHSE and simply use that without any shapes.

Its association has already been established on the top tier product, and it accomplishes the cutting edge requirement without getting goofy.

Simple.