And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Went to Temple and repented my sins.....OK, we were there for only a little over an hour, so maybe one or two of my many sins.....

But my wife, who had her adult Bat-Mitzvah thsi year, went up for an Aliyah (called up to the stage or "Bimah") and said a prayer before one of the Torah readings. Very proud of her.....

Then we came back home and I promptly broke Jewish law by having a Buffalo-meat Cheeseburger. Oh, well, I guess this sin officially counts towards the NEW Jewish Year....

Went to Temple and repented my sins.....OK, we were there for only a little over an hour, so maybe one or two of my many sins.....

But my wife, who had her adult Bat-Mitzvah thsi year, went up for an Aliyah (called up to the stage or "Bimah") and said a prayer before one of the Torah readings. Very proud of her.....

Then we came back home and I promptly broke Jewish law by having a Buffalo-meat Cheeseburger. Oh, well, I guess this sin officially counts towards the NEW Jewish Year....

Aren't you good if it was cow's milk cheese?

<snip>

Hopefully you also added bacon to get your money's worth for your "sin".

Aren't you good if it was cow's milk cheese?

Nope. He's not allowed to eat meat and dairy products together. In fact, he's supposed to have separate sets of dishes for meat and dairy products.

Hopefully you also added bacon to get your money's worth for your "sin".

No, not yesterday. But I DID once do a triple-fail over the Passover holiday a few years ago, when I had a Monte Christo sandwich: leavened bread, ham, and cheese!

Nope. He's not allowed to eat meat and dairy products together. In fact, he's supposed to have separate sets of dishes for meat and dairy products.

Truly keeping kosher is amazingly difficult.....and expensive...... I had an old boss who studied the Torah some years back, and apparently the literal translation is something to the effect of " you shall not eat the lamb's meat cooked in the mother's milk." It was probably a caution for sanitary reasons, meaning the milk could spoil the meat or something. But it grew to mixing ALL dairy and meat. <-- Could be wrong, but I don't think my boss was joking.....

Edited by skullguise

Today I completed my third workout for the week with a personal trainer. Holy crap, I'm out of shape! Really quite scary how quickly you can lose it all if you don't work at it...I've only been out of the military for two years! At least it can only get better from here. laugh.png

Edited by Nebby

Today I completed my third workout for the week with a personal trainer. Holy crap, I'm out of shape! Really quite scary how quickly you can lose it all if you don't work at it...I've only been out of the military for two years! At least it can only get better from here. laugh.png

It's funny how changing just three words makes this quote completely applicable to myself at your age.

Today I completed my third workout for the week with a lesbian. Holy crap, I'm out of shape! Really quite scary how quickly you can lose it all if you don't work at it...I've only been out of the fashion scene for two years! At least it can only get better from here. laugh.png

Colin,

If you're going to play tourist/local in Seattle, Joanne and I would suggest you try The Crumpet Shop by Pikes Place Market ( and the market itself, obviously). Freemont was fun, especially a vist to the Theo Chocolate factory.

Plenty of other stuff to enjoy, look forward to reports of your finds.

keep a look out for this chap ;)

CO_home.png