And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Sorry about the bad gut, Haj. Not enjoying eating would be awful, let alone the actual pain part. Hope it isn't a long-term thing.

I worked about 16 hours yesterday and into this morning, so technically it is what I did today. The only highlight was opening a package from jvlgato, which contained some treats from Great Lakes Distillery. The gin sounds awesome and the Amerique Absinthe Rouge is a first for my liquor cabinet. This is in addition to the bottle of Black Tuesday that Bryan and Allison sent me, and the beers at Mike & Debbie's, and FFF, so I really should visit Chicagoland more often! Thanks everyone!

6cd2c836-b9c8-01c4.jpg

Excited to try a rouge Death in the Afternoon tonight when we open the bottle of champagne I got for Claire on Friday to celebrate her tenure. She had a Stillwater beer on an empty stomach before I got home that night and had some of my cocktail, but we never got around to cracking the bubbly. Pics later.

Edited by Voltron

Hope all unwell feel well soon. Haj, have your symptoms lessened? Hope so....

And congrats indeed to Claire!

Me: spent much of the day gathering up 5 PC cases - 4 with in essence full systems in them - and gave them to someone who's kid works in a school computer lab. Putting parts together, wiping disks with binary zeroes, and piling that and 4 boxes of parts up for the taking.

The sad part? I have 6 more desktop units and 3 laptops....not counting my or my wife's work laptops.....wacko.png

^ Somewhat, but we'll see if it lasts. Probably helps that I've only had my 3 meals and avoided snacking since I don't want to deal with the pain.

In regards to the computer, reminds me of myself few years ago. I think between myself and my wife (then fiancé), we had 2 laptops and 3-4 desktops of varying functioning level sitting around in our apartment. Every now and then I miss building PCs and then remember I actually don't.

I went out to a demo day for Giant bikes. I rode a couple hardtail 29ers out on a trail. First time I've been on a trail in years, but I loved it, and I'm not THAT sore (yet.) Narrowed it down to a few bikes I can afford, and a handful of bikes I can't. Stupid $3500 carbon fiber bikes. Grrrrr... (Yes, I've already complained about that in the bike thread, but it's just THAT frustrating. No way I can justify a bike that's 40% more than my car). ;)

Oh... I also had a sub 10-year-old kid drop me on a trail on this first time out. But I got to ride behind his mom (who ran in a 60+ mile off-road race yesterday.) Better genes, we'll say.

**BRENT**