And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Went out for a walk in woods with Libby using the backpack carrier we just received. While the walk was fun and Libby loved the new carrier, my shoulders did not exactly enjoy the walk even with the carrier adjusted properly for my torso. I really can't complain considering how little we paid for it, but at the same time, I'm painfully remembering from my outdoor-gear-sales days that you generally get what you pay for (to an extent) in regards to framed backpacks.

It's a Kelty framed backpack carrier, can't remember the model number off top of my head right now. We were planning on getting a Deuter backpack carrier, but then the Kelty one showed up at less than 1/3 the cost of Deuter carrier I was thinking about buying. My shoulders may regret this decision, but considering we won't be using for more than a short day hike, the price was just too good to pass up.

We remembered liking Ergo, though we ended up with a different brand for one reason for another that we can't remember at this point.

Rode for a little over 3 hours. It was awesome. I can't believe how nice it was today.

Nice Chris.

I managed to get out for about an hour and 15 minutes on Friday (18 miles). Still old, fat and slow, but it was fun and really nice for January (about 53-54 degrees, light wind, sunny).

We used the Bjorn for around the house and have a pretty nice (and comfortable) Kelty backpack for longer walks but as Al said, it'll be months before you can even think about a backpack. Our kids hated slings, but I've known just as many that were the opposite so unfortunately you've just got to try stuff and find what works. Actually, that's probably the #1 rule of parenting...

Nice Chris.

I managed to get out for about an hour and 15 minutes on Friday (18 miles). Still old, fat and slow, but it was fun and really nice for January (about 53-54 degrees, light wind, sunny).

That's good pace man. You'll be surprised how it picks up over time.

I did another 3 hours on Sunday and it was a lot less nice. I also did it with some much faster people and we did a lot more uphill riding. Still awesome to get out thought. I made my 5-8 hrs/week goal for the week. I need a rest from my weekend though.

my wife used a sling

I had a six foot rope. Throw a couple half hitches around their ankles; three or four wraps around my hand (can't be too safe); and throwed them over my shoulder like a hobo bag. They get too much blood to the head and stop squirming pretty quick.

Got up at 1:30 am to catch my 7:30 plane at the airport 20 minutes away. :palm:

I'm in a foul mood.

Fuckin' CES and Vegas, I hate that show.

37 acres of people in suits trying to sell you on something.

Anyway, I rarely post in this thread ... I got too much posting and surfing to keep up, so I have to draw the line.

But this morning, when I saw it pop up in new content, I figured I post about my cool morning getting ready for that shit hole.

I hit the last page button, and at the top of it found some funny shit about what happened on the page before.

So I went back one.

At the top of it found some funny shit about what happened on the page before. So I went back one.

Repeated that a few times and said fuck it, and went back ten pages.

You guys are some funny and lovely fuckers, you know that.

Have a great week!

Hoping good things for you.

My best friend was surprised several weeks ago by his wife asking for a separation; he knew there were troubles but didn't know she felt this strong. She just moved out last weekend. Three kids..... His only saving graces are that they'll work out to have the kids spend time with each, and also he had some good news at work as well, something to help occupy him.