And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Congrats on the new digs, Jacob!

I'm packing up to head out for Colorado tomorrow morning. With any weather luck, I should be reporting back from 14,000 feet by Tuesday.

Pics or it didn't happen..................azn.gif Good luck Peter and have fun.

Speaking of Steve, and Size. This is the perfect opportunity to talk about my recent encounter with the Cerne Abbas Giant

The NSFW(ish) spoiler shows him illuminated on the hillside as the sun sets. Those are sheep, for scale, if you click. smile.png

post-545-0-38894500-1317528526_thumb.jpg

Not everything in England is quaint smile.png

EDIT: The bing birds eye view at the co-ordinates from the wikipedia link is surprisingly clear if you zoom in. ;)

Edited by Grahame

Woke up in SF for the first time in a long time even though the remodeling was not completely done. Had no hot water or shower or bathroom door but we were trying to make it work for the weekend. Plumber came out to finish the work on the new boiler and finished the installation only to find that the gas company had capped the gas line when it out in a new "smart meter" during construction. Still no hot water. :indra:

Went to see a couple hours of music at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival and tried to let go of my anger at the contractor and PG&E.

Then I went to my buddy's house to take a shower and shave so I could go to my 30th high school reunion. It was more fun than anticipated and I truly enjoyed seeing a bunch of folks.

Al I understand too well your anger. Even I've been responsible for that kind of anger (due to unforeseen problems). Today I tend to be as upfront as possible about things that can unexpectedly occur. I've actually lost a few jobs from that type of honesty, but I think it's saved a lot of bad feelings. Even great contractors run into things that they didn't anticipate. On the other hand, there are plenty of bad contractors who continually fuck things up. I hope your problems lie more with the former than latter.

Glad you had a good time at your 30th reunion though! Didn't get back to Alaska for mine.