And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

So you've narrowly escaped serious injury and only 'hope' that you won't repeat your mistake? By Wayne logic you need to be out researching trebuches.

Or you could always talk to our mutual (non headphone related) friend, the high-tech software-guided RC aircraft master. Fly him down to set you up a plane with a preset flight path that will regularly auto-engage and scare off the birds in problem areas. Now that he develops for a national security firm he can probably even find you a few bird-grade guided missiles.

You crack my up, Matt.

I went to "Codorus Blast", one of the local fireworks displays. Around here, the communities spread their july 4 celebrating around, rather than have it on the 4th itself. Not sure why, but it means we get to go to several big fireworks displays. Also went to the pool where we're members, and grilled some tri tips.

Congrats to Ian!

Beard looking good, Wayne

I spent the morning doing errands, and the rest of the day working. Just spent five hours creating a spreadsheet on the last month of medication and housekeeping non-compliance incidents for the 46 vocational patients I'm somehow supposed to know these things about and then do something about them. It's near daily for about half. For them to be allowed in the vocational program, there should be none. The something I decided to do was create the spreadsheet and email it to the entire staff so they get their heads out of their butts and stop ignoring it. I colored coded for emphasis. :) Was pissed that I wasted a Saturday, but am really looking forward to morning rounds on Monday. It's time for some of these people to get the boot.

Watched Claymore while washing clothes, cleaned, went to a tasting at the bottle shop, then to the Bojangles drive through before a Reddit potluck where I believe that I learned that Raleigh is weirder then the internet surprisingly. Came back, smoked and drank with a bud while discussing music, watched Boardwalk Empire before now.

6 months

6months4834.jpg6months5903.jpg

Cool beard! I could never even come close to that!

Picked up our 17 year old daughter from the Denver airport after a 3 week trip to Germany with some other kids from her school, and took her to the cheesecake factory for dinner and desert. It's nice to have her back, and while she had a great time there she was ready to be home again too.

So you survived her trip? :)

Re Acoustats: Nice! Always wanted to hear a pair of those!

Edited by jvlgato

At some point I had a plan to build my own compost tumbler. I had a difficult time trying to find a decent priced but sturdy bin to make it out of so today I gave in and bought a Lifetime Compost Tumbler from Lowe's. I started putting it together, thinking that it would actually be easier than building one from scratch. I am not so sure. Do they actually do a practice build before putting these on the market (including screws that are too long for their purpose, etc.)?

081483003177lg.jpg

Edited by shellylh