And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Delivery woes drive me crazy.

When I lived in a condo, they had a management office, which really helped. Now that I'm in a house, no one is ever around when they deliver. They often just leave it on the porch, which has been fine, but I worry about theft. Now I send my important stuff to work, where I have lots of trusted work neighbors who will accept for me, but I'm not at that office every day.

Good luck, man - hope you get your package soon!

Hooray! Ollie survived his surgery. He had a single fracture, which they re-connected with a wire. He apparently had some bone loss due to age and bad teeth, which made it very easy to break his jaw bone when he jumped off the bed. They also removed the bad tooth which was located right where he had the fracture. They are concerned if the bone is strong enough to hold the wire; only time will tell. They'll watch him overnight and hopefully home tomorrow! :)

Thanks for the overwhelming number of posts of support here! I told Anne we had a whole bunch of people on HC rooting for Ollie, so he was sure to be ok!

Finally about to get the rotary encoder to work. I now have more respect for whoever first got (computer) mice to work. I found that the quadrature encoder I'm using doesn't follow the 2 bit gray code state diagram. Ok, well I guess it does, but it's little Endian. It starts out 11 no matter what, then goes 01, 00, 10 clockwise. Goes 10, 00, 01 for ccw.

Congrats to Ollie!

Me:

1. Pinched a nerve in my back this morning putting on my damn jacket.

2. Went to a 3 hour meeting anyway.

3. Went to lunch at Hard Times Chili with friends from said meeting

4. Started installing Windows 7 on one of my machines

5. Helped my shed builder sort out a settling issue that came up with the shed he's building involving re-spacing cedar siding.

6. Windows is still installing....

Chiropractor tomorrow at 6:40am ....

Every Win7 installation I've done hasn't taken more than 30 minutes...

Finished one digit hex rotary encoder. Increment cw decrement ccw. Now need to do BCD and for 4 digits.

Edit: And need to reinstall Orcad, something went horribly wonky and I don't know how to bring it back the way it was.

Edited by mypasswordis

Every Win7 installation I've done hasn't taken more than 30 minutes...

Well mine took more than 3 hours of churning. At least I didn't have to sit there.

I actually also upgraded that particular machine to Professional for the credential abilities which didn't take more than 5 min. I then learned that I could have upgraded to ultimate for $40 more or now I can upgrade to ultimate from pro for $129 more..... yay I'm sticking with pro for now.

Chiropractor went great and I can pic stuff up again...

Edited by Dreadhead

Well mine took more than 3 hours of churning. At least I didn't have to sit there.

I actually also upgraded that particular machine to Professional for the credential abilities which didn't take more than 5 min. I then learned that I could have upgraded to ultimate for $40 more or now I can upgrade to ultimate from pro for $129 more..... yay I'm sticking with pro for now.

I'm currently using Pro on one computer and Enterprise on another. there's basically no difference in normal use. Main thing Enterprise and Ultimate have that Pro doesn't is BitLocker.

Funny thing I realized is I have used almost every single iteration of Windows OSes, starting with 95. 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista (for only one or two months, before switching back to XP), and now Win7. Technically DOS is an OS too.

Edited by mypasswordis