And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Spent a great day with my 3 yr old grand son yesterday. He spent the night and we had a blast. Today helped move furniture from my mother-in-law's condo, which she sold, to my daughter's apartment. One down sizing and the other just getting started. Don't mind admitting I'm sore and tired now.

Just received an email from one of my sisters who is insisting that we spend 70% more than the amount the siblings agreed to spend for my mother's 80th birthday celebration. Apparently she doesn't understand what a budget is. Now to figure out how to respond in such a way that I keep peace in the family but maintain common sense. Think I'll put my response off until tomorrow.

Famous Grouse followed by Founders "Dirty Bastard". Now to relax

Had a fantastic time today in Monte Carlo with some wonderful friends form the company that I serve as a director for. It's 6am and I need to be at the curb in 3 hours for my ride to the airport to head back to Cayman. Probably too late to actually get any sleep without taking the undue risk of not waking up on time. The Russian hookers here are some pretty amazing looking women, and they're all quite fun to chat with. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, I'm not sure which, I simply cannot afford $2k (or more, and Euro at that) to pick one of them up for a full night of fun. But I still had a blast chatting with a couple of them (and a very fine Brazillian as well) for a while until they were able to suss me out as a mere wannabe customer. What a place! It's like something out of a movie, especially when you're with friends and on a good beer buzz.

Edited by Wmcmanus

Been coughing up loads of blood since Friday. Decided to not cancel the trip to duke university and Myrtle Beach. Lived through the plane ride thanks to a portable oxygen concentrator. The worst part was hiding the problem as we were taking off and having to cough and swallow about 4-5 OZ of blood so I wouldnt spew all over everyone. Life sucks sometimes. At least myrtle beach is pretty, daughter loves Duke.

So far the combination of Avelox and Zyvox are starting to knock out the infection. The plan is to drop by Duke if it starts to worsen again before we return. We got to spend some time at Myrtle Beach and the pool today and got plenty of rest, with two more days of rest before we return to Duke for a day. I think this trip is starting to turn around for the better.

Converted all my Euros I earned as a medical/surgical intern in Ireland to USD with a really nice rate. I made the mistake of not converting them as soon as I left Ireland when the rates were pretty good, so the money sat in an average interest account for a while. I am pretty damn happy tonight!

I have my last paycheck and my tax refund in another Irish bank, that I need to convert.

Hope everything works out well for the little one Salty.

Today we took the Ecology students electrofishing in Lake Charleston. Caught a buttload of neat fish, the kids had a blast and I think a few of them may have learned something. By the end they had no trouble telling a white crappie from a black crappie.

Edited by morphsci

Took my daughter to a doctor to find out she's got double ear infection. Probably explains why she hasn't been sleeping well the past two nights. Thankfully, we caught it early so it should clear out quickly.

That's good you caught it early - sometimes you don't know they have an ear infection until their ears are draining.

Very yummie! Sooooo ... why the difference in morphology?

a combination of selection pressure and random mutation, would be my guess.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The main distinguishing characteristic is the number of dorsal spines being greater (7-8 ) in the black crappie compared to the white crappie (5-6).

Edited by morphsci

Fresh Halibut, cut into bite sized pieces.

Lightly boiled potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces.

2 cups Krusties brand pancake mix.

I beer left open to go stale. (I happen to like a dark beer for this)

Favorite frying oil, in hot skillet.

Mix beer and pancake batter.

Dip Halibut pieces and potato pieces in beer batter.

Fry until golden Brown. Season with salt and pepper.

Best fried meal ever!!!