And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Moved from the lovely Fairfax Inn to the JW Marriott LA Live.

A bit of a change I would have to say. From a 200 sq ft. room with a bathroom and 27" tube television to a 1100 sq ft room with two bathrooms, full kitchen, dining room, living room two 60" plasmas, butler service and TVs in the bathroom mirrors.

1182140472_Q8vPJ-L.jpg

1182140527_qXR56-L.jpg

1182139593_Rt4hd-L.jpg

1182141291_6zND7-L.jpg

Moved from the lovely Fairfax Inn to the JW Marriott LA Live.

A bit of a change I would have to say. From a 200 sq ft. room with a bathroom and 27" tube television to a 1100 sq ft room with two bathrooms, full kitchen, dining room, living room two 60" plasmas, butler service and TVs in the bathroom mirrors.

1182140472_Q8vPJ-L.jpg

1182140527_qXR56-L.jpg

1182139593_Rt4hd-L.jpg

1182141291_6zND7-L.jpg

Jeff, how many airbeds can that room accomodate? :)

:rofl: [although "rofs" -- rolling on floor snoring -- would be even more appropriate]

:rofl: :rofl:

Having finally ... lived through?... the massively loud snorers (less guzziguy), I finally know what you guys are talking about. And let me tell you it is a joking matter at all times except when you are a few feet away experiencing it firsthand.

:rofl: :rofl:

Having finally ... lived through?... the massively loud snorers (less guzziguy), I finally know what you guys are talking about. And let me tell you it is a joking matter at all times except when you are a few feet away experiencing it firsthand.

WTF are you people talking about? I don't snore! :lol:

House heater died last night, and now I'm using tube amps to heat my bedroom. Never will I complain about how much heat the BH puts out. The rest of the house is cold as a meat locker (our insulation _really_ sucks) but my bedroom is a toasty 75 degrees. And all with the added benefit of listening to several really kick-ass systems!

thanks guys.

chris, were you an operations research guy or some sort of niche engineering major? i only ask because operations research is what i am planning on doing next and just found out that columbia has a "better" OR program than most other places barring cmu. as much as i would like to be back in cambridge, i am starting to realize that i have to grow up and assume my responsibilities as an adult fairly soon. as such, attending a school that offers better placement might be the smarter thing to do. then again i dont know anything about columbia. any insight would be much appreciated. depending on how the first year goes, i will either pick financial engineering or go towards modeling dynamical systems (i think this is what you do but i might be mistaken).

I did graduate work at Columbia and rather enjoyed it. It was in Computer Science though.

Learned from my city planning department that if I keep my garden shed (actually workout/bike shed) below 80sq ft then I don't need planning approval or a permit and I can put it right up against my property line with no issues. This probably saved me $2000 in architects fees alone. I'm stoked because what I thought was going to cost $10000+ is going to be much less than that. Awesome :)

Today I officially signed on as a sound engineer for an independent film. I got how much I am going to get paid in writing. Thrice bitten, kind of shy. I also went to the bank today, and did a yikes.gif. This employment couldn't have happened at a better time.

Congratulations!!!

Edited by digger945