And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Good luck, Dan. Is there a reason you're looking so far south? Cooling computers is harder down there, no?

They put supercomputers wherever they want. I even interviewed for a position on the red sea in Saudi Arabia...but that job wasn't worth the hassles involved. The one I'm running is going away at some point. It's replacement is in Fairmont, WV. I may or may not get that job, so I'm applying for every interesting sounding position I can find.

Had minor surgery to deal with a severe infection in my left pinkie finger. Today's lesson aka words that you never want to hear from your Dr., "I'm going to have to take the nail off." So it currently feels like my left hand is on fire despite having taken an oxycodone an hour and a half ago and is going to be a long night I suspect.

I've had multiple toenail surgeries... my toenails want to be about a quarter inch wider than each of their respective toes. I feel you on the pain, but I never got oxy :(

Update on my car repair... brake job was $500. Ick. Had to do it to keep working the new job but now I'm still in the red instead of bringing in the extra money. And now I'm sick. Ear infection and strep throat, went to the doctor and got antibiotics today. Luckily I have sick days at the main job so won't lose out too much there. Definitely not working tomorrow, we'll see about Friday.

Yesterday I had an Atrial Ablation to, hopefully, fix my afib and aflutter issues. The procedure went well with no complications and only took 3 hours. They had forecast it would take 6 hours. I spent the night in the hospital but was released in under 24 hours. So technically it was outpatient surgery. :huh: I also had 3 of the nicest and most competent nurses I've ever had. The bad part of the procedure was that I had to lay on my back and not move my legs (much) from 12 pm through 6 am the next day.

It got quite uncomfortable. So far I have been in normal sinus rhythm since the procedure. We'll see if it stays that way. I sure hope so.

Had minor surgery to deal with a severe infection in my left pinkie finger. Today's lesson aka words that you never want to hear from your Dr., "I'm going to have to take the nail off." So it currently feels like my left hand is on fire despite having taken an oxycodone an hour and a half ago and is going to be a long night I suspect.

Sorry to hear that Nate. It sounds like your minor surgery was worse than my medium surgery.

Edited by guzziguy

Good luck Ken and Nate!

I left work early to avoid the CF that is traffic around here when there is snow and got home before any of the bad stuff really started. I then went to the gym in the rain and walked home in the snow which was interesting. Now I'm catching up on missed work and trying to figure out if I should actually plan on doing this presentation at 10am tomorrow or if it's going to be cancelled. I'm guessing the latter but I think I'll keep working.

Sorry to hear about the fingernail Nate, and yes, it made me wince as well. Hopefully feeling better now.

Hope you feel better Matt!

Ken, I know the feeling of having to lay there. I had a inferior vena cava filter put in a couple of years ago before my hip surgery and had to lay there motionless for 4 hours afterwards. Having it taken out was more uncomfortable, but at least I didn't have to go through the motionless crap.

Yesterday I had an Atrial Ablation to, hopefully, fix my afib and aflutter issues. The procedure went well with no complications and only took 3 hours. They had forecast it would take 6 hours. I spent the night in the hospital but was released in under 24 hours. So technically it was outpatient surgery. :huh: I also had 3 of the nicest and most competent nurses I've ever had. The bad part of the procedure was that I had to lay on my back and not move my legs (much) from 12 pm through 6 am the next day.

It got quite uncomfortable. So far I have been in normal sinus rhythm since the procedure. We'll see if it stays that way. I sure hope so.

Sorry to hear that Nate. It sounds like your minor surgery was worse than my medium surgery.

Glad to know it went well and you're back to sinus rhythm. Are you on warfarin or the like? Take care and get perfect soon.

Nate, best wishes for you too. Get well soon :)