And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

So the 3rd party vendor that maintains the encrypted members-only section of our societies has made repeated incremental updates (read "changes") to the folder hierarchies on our sites, topping it all off with a migration to a subdirectory. Of course all of my navigation links are now out of date and going to unencrypted portions of the site that were left to rot or some such. Proprietary PDFs and various documents from presentations from industry / education VIPs just fucking sitting there.

Jiggity diggity hippity fucking goddamn motherfucking cunt raping christ.

I will rape with overtime this weekend.

Edited by aardvark baguette

It's been a crazy week at work with our family workshop program in full swing coinciding with our every-three year C.A.R.F. accreditation survey. The survey is a fairly rigorous process with invading surveyors inspecting and covering everything from policies and procedures to chart reviews, from facility maintenance inspections to staff and patient interviews, etc. It ended today. Of the 1152 standards covered, we received only one partial recommendation for improvement, which had to do with how we document the dates on patients transitioning between levels, and three suggestions To have not even one full recommendation is basically unheard of, and means we totally rocked it. At 3PM today, we had a retirement party for a staff member who as worked there for 15 years. He is the only person to have ever retired from my place of employment. Everyone else, other than a handful remaining who have worked there as long, have been fired or quit. I can't even remember most of their names. It's a tough place to work, and the expectations are demanding. Today was just one of those days that made me proud to be part of a team that does what we do as well as we do it.

worked very little, due to network issues, went out to a mediocre dinner, and then apparently broke up with my girlfriend. a really fantastic day, all around.

i broke uip with a girl almost a decade ago, now im not into girls, be careful mate

Don't forget to pillage.

Just checked out some Heifetz vids, specifically his bow hand. It's pretty much all the way at the frog but he angles his hand sharply forward so the pinky almost never touches the bow.

see.... Did you ever see him use the last 4-5 inches of the bow? I cannot find the mystery Bach sheet music now. I think I'm going insane.

It's not as pronounced as I though, but as I understand it, this is the Russian method, but with more slant towards the wrapping.

thumb.jpg

some other pics

ItzhakPerlmanTS3-300-0606.jpg

Edited by luvdunhill

I think he does, check this vid out:

That's pretty much as close to the frog as anyone would go.

From what I understand though there are technically the different schools (Russian and Franco-Belgian being the main two) it gets very iffy in regards to "styles" and it's more like just whatever worked for each individual, since everyone plays somewhat differently. I was taught in the beginning to always keep my pinky on the bow. It's great as a counter-balance but sometimes there's too much of it and gets in the way of using your arm weight to produce a tone, something that I was later taught. And now I realize Heifetz doesn't even use it most of the time... I definitely knew he did that for the Hora Staccato and thought that was his way of doing the up and down bow staccatos but I guess it turns out the bow grip was always the same.

Took my 12-year old son out shopping for an Xbox 360 (250G) / K'nect / XBox Live year membership. Came home, set it up, connected, and I will not see him again for months...

The nice part is, though, that he saved up the $ and is paying for half the hardware, and the full year membership to Live.

Reks: sorry to hear about the day, unless you're truly good with the breakup; even if best, never easy. I know a few Jewish Yenta's if you want to meet a "nice girl" :)

Got about 6 inches of snow today. Waited for it to stop snowing, went out to blow off the driveway and three young lads in their teens came up the driveway asking if they could shovel it for me. How much? $10. I let them do it. Did such a nice job I gave them $15.

Rest of the day spent with my wife and listening to music. Good day to stay inside. Garbage disposal just died.

Congrats on the new reefer Shelly.

Started the first real night of the chicken delivery job. Worked 7-4AM, hauled a little over $11 an hour (minus gas). Not a great start but there is a learning curve due to the psychopaths who design apartment complexes here. Everything laid out at crazy angles and on curvy roads and nothing clearly marked. Probably wasted over an hour just driving around slowly trying to figure out which building to go to.

Bad news is that the tiny brake squeak I've been ignoring turned into a lot more over the 100 miles I drove tonight. Going to have to stay up and get my car into Tire Kingdom (blech!) at 8 AM where hopefully they'll fix me up before I Have to work again at 5 PM. Hopefully the rotors are ok.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

Got about 6 inches of snow today. Waited for it to stop snowing, went out to blow off the driveway and three young lads in their teens came up the driveway asking if they could shovel it for me. How much? $10. I let them do it. Did such a nice job I gave them $15.

With another storm incoming mid-week, I need those kids in my neighborhood.