2. Cymbaline - 17:31
3. Grantchester Meadows - 26:11
4. Green Is The Colour - 33:46
5. Careful With That Axe, Eugene - 37:16
6. Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun - 46:26
7. Astronomy Domine - 59:18

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice, thanks!  As an PF fan of their earliest music plus a couple post-Meddle albums, my only dislike is the the intro to Astronomy Domine (one of my all-time favorites).  The above performance, and also on Umma Gumma, has what I call the "shaky keyboard" start.  I still like the original Syd Barrett-era intro.  In later years, David Gilmour would do the original intro style when he played this.

Nit-picking for sure, but isn't that what the deepest (most OCD 🤣) fans do?

• Like 1

True

True
by Jon Anderson (2024)

https://album.link/i/1747342740

Example:

Released on Friday. At first I was curious what it was. As a fan I was afraid it was be a 79 (yes he is 79) year old croaking through songs. It was far from that. Jon is in full voice, mature voice, but lovely. The tunes were very engaging. The Band Geeks, pretty much are Yes fans that are really good musicians.  And they seem to be touring.. 

• Thanks 1

From St Marks in SF. I was not familiar with Ana's work, seeming to come out of nowhere. Turns out a prodigy and recorded in the 90's and early 2000s. And then just recently a PSAudio recording - for $58! Ouch. I will live with the YT compression for now. Nice selection and recording, and I liked Ana's performance. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Celebration, Volume 1

Celebration, Volume 1
by Wayne Shorter (2024)

https://album.link/i/1752553726

Example:

"Celebration, Volume 1 is the first in a series of releases that saxophonist and composer Wayne Shorter curated from archival material before his passing in 2023. The album features his long-running band—Panamanian pianist Danilo Perez, bassist John Patitucci, and drummer Brian Blade—in a live 2014 performance recorded at the Stockholm Concert Hall in Sweden."

Nice to have the first in a series of good recordings of the late Wayne.  This one features a lot of the Zero Gravity works. Good stuff. 

• Like 5

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Wild God.  Jury still out after one listen through, but it's certainly got that majesty that he's delivered before.  A little more positive vibes as well.  Will need some more plays to see how it catches on, but I'd say very good so far.

Nick_Cave_and_the_Bad_Seeds_-_Wild_God.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1