What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

18 hours ago, Grahame said:

Old man, shouting at clouds, again.

I can't help agreeing with him. Nothing that is produced in vast amounts and costs next to nothing, other than oxygen in the air and water from the faucet, can be appreciated. Truth is that the human work feeding the AI to produce "new" music is already done. I think I posted time ago a video by a jazz musician who said that the future of human music surviving AI will probably be live improvisation. He believes that AI would need quite some time (yet) to meet the standards to improvise listening and interacting with other musicians in real time.

It's my impression that after AI has had some time, people will again start to appreciate human creativity. Time is a spring. Everything comes around again, though not exactly at the same place.

I can appreciate a CNC machine for It's time saving. But my interest in woodworking is as an outlet for the designs that I can't keep from piling up in my brain. I would probably use the CNC to make templates for pieces I need to make multiples of. But I would still want to mill them up myself.

• Like 1

Phantoma

Phantoma
by Unleash The Archers (2024)

https://album.link/i/1721629378

Example:

It took me a bit to get to - like most things these days - but first listen to the new UTA album. Not as much diversity as in the last few album as far as the overall sound. I think that they went hard on the storyline so I need to spend some time with the words and listen again soon. But new Archers album - happy times. 

On 7/28/2022 at 10:04 PM, mikeymad said:

NOT TiGHT

NOT TiGHT
DOMi & JD BECK

https://album.link/i/1629568944

I don't normally have album anticipation, but this is one of the few times I have. It is not officially released until the 29th, but Tidal thinks it is tomorrow. I have been following these jazz kids for a while and they just released their first album. They have some heavy backing with Herbie Hancock and Anderson .Paak. They have a unique sound with DOMi laying down the lead and bass with JD doing something new on drums. People talk about the future of Jazz and a JD Beck sound. Regardless, it is a diverse and enjoyable album. It will be interesting to watch them develop. 

Had to see if this still held up after my personal hype of it being released - Almost two years ago. 

Yup - I still like it a lot and really enjoy the grooves. 

• Like 2

My first exposure to Alan Holdsworth was when I was in high school and my guitar teacher gave me a homemade tape with several different guitarists on it. The song Rhoad Games sounded unique. It's what got me into him. Since then, its been a regular album that I revisit from time to time. 

Devil Take the Hindmost, The Otherworldly Music of Allan Holdsworth: 16: Road  Games (1982-84)

• Like 5

10 hours ago, robm321 said:

This is my first time hearing, Steve Khan. I've been on a jazz/fusion guitar binge lately and like his style. I'll be listening to more of his stuff. There's plenty of it. 

Play Modern Times by Steve Khan on Amazon Music

I just nominated Hiromi's Sonicbloom's Time Control as album of the decade, 2000-2009 on I&W (prog rock and prog metal) Discord Server.  Hiromi's Sonicbloom was her, Martin Valihora (drums), Tony Grey (bass), and David Fiucynski (guitar), and -- IMHO -- Fiucynski was as important as she was in making their sound so appealing to me.  You should check out all of their albums if you aren't already familiar.  It's a 3 dimensional 4 faceted gem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Listened to Lenny White's first two albums. Lots of talent and creativity. A ton of funk. I should of liked them more than I did. I may have to try again another time. 

My5qcGVn.jpeg

OC01ODUxLmpwZWc.jpeg

Now listening to Scofield. This satisfies. 

Still Warm - Album by John Scofield | Spotify

• Like 4

Aerosmith

Aerosmith
by Aerosmith (1973)

https://album.link/i/1658644936

Example:

I have to admit that I didn't have 1973 in mind when I thought of their first album, and I also have to admit that I didn't know that 'Dream on' was from their first album as well. Growing up they were just always here, so I never really thought about their origins, and how long they had been around. When I started buying albums in the 80s, I thought of them as a classic rock band in the 80s. I didn't say I was very smart, then or now. Great Album? no, good album with a few great songs.

Also

Get Your Wings

Get Your Wings
by Aerosmith (1974)

https://album.link/i/1658645027

Example:

Again 1974 just seems crazy to me for this album and tunes. Also not a great album for me, but good with some great songs, and better than their first album. I think that listening to the radio growing up gave me a distorted sense of time, and I don't think MTV helped. Permanent Vacation seemed like a new Album from a newish band. Again, not so bright.

• Like 3