slower forum

Knuckledragger

Off topic, but I've always loved seeing how good old photos can be. Depth of field, composition, focus, etc. It's just somehow charming to think that, in a time very caught up in which <5 year old camera is the only one capable of truly expressing your unique vision, people have been taking phenomenal pictures for 50+ years.

Not to say I don't obsess over hardware as much as anyone, but clearly the thing improving the most is the ease of photography, not the quality.

what would cost very much about the process? states waste tons of money, but i don't think declaring the mallard duck the official state musician would be one of those big money wasters.

My point is this: why are they doing it at all? Time is money, and in this case, it is taxpayer money. With all the problems states need to solve, why bother with something so frivolous and useless? Wouldn't it be nice if they wre working on something that was actually useful? Where is the benefit to the people who pay them?

Meanwhile, in Japan:

use-me.jpg

Edited by bhjazz

what would cost very much about the process? states waste tons of money, but i don't think declaring the mallard duck the official state musician would be one of those big money wasters.
Do you know all the bureaucratic bullshit that leads up to something like that being passed? Hell, there was probably a committee. And a rough draft (of the proposal). And a final draft. And someone needed to review it, before it even got to the non-flunky level, because the flunky is supposed to weed out the crap.

So yes, :palm: @ you.

I think sometimes it's the tangental costs. The hours & days spent by committees DISCUSSING relatively useless agenda items add up to a huge waste of time, and sometimes (like here in MA) have been known to contribute to delays on other matters (like automatic parole denial for "career" criminals. A bill has been sitting in government hands for months or more, without any action until a cop got killed by a recent parolee).....