What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Nice progression, Dan. ;)

I had an FBI Fizz from the Stork Club book

1oz each Cherry Heering brandy, bourbon, and jamaica (Trinidad) rum, stirred and strained into highball or rocks glass two ice cubes with orange peel and fill with chilled soda water.

18056ae2-7b40-bf9e.jpg

Zombie

1 oz passion fruit juice

1 oz pineapple juice

1 oz lemon juice

1 oz lime juice

0.5 oz rich simple syrup

1 sugar cube

1 oz Coruba

1 oz Wrey & Nephews

1 oz Smith & Cross

1 dash angostura

Muddle cube with bitters and lemon juice. Add crushed ice. Add everything else. Shake. Pour into tall glass.

4ac15198-8487-add8.jpg

All Jamaican rum, and quite potent.

Nice Marc! I really enjoyed my Anvil Zombie. Should do it again sometime.

Right now, in order to finish the Fever Tree soda, I mixed up a Sloe Gin Fizz with equal parts sloe and dry gin (1.5oz), about 1oz lemon juice, a scant teaspoon simple syrup, and 2-3oz soda. The dry gin is not in the recipe I was using but I needed a bit more kick. :)

18056ae2-8789-c9f5.jpg

those are 3 "shot drinks" or cocktails that are available in every bar, and aren't nasty, unlike the other things you're likely to order

I"m drinking alka seltzer night time

I asked for a zombie and a kryptonite and they literally had no idea. Next club we went to I asked for a Manhattan because the first place I knew wasn't great and this second one sucked even worse. No way you could even call it a Manhattan. Wtf? I live in an upscale city, where the hell are the upscale bars/clubs. I'm paying out my ass for shit.

I asked for a zombie and a kryptonite and they literally had no idea. Next club we went to I asked for a Manhattan because the first place I knew wasn't great and this second one sucked even worse. No way you could even call it a Manhattan. Wtf? I live in an upscale city, where the hell are the upscale bars/clubs. I'm paying out my ass for shit.

Never ask for a zombie unless you are at a tiki bar. And wtf is a kryotonite? Unless you are at a bar that actually makes cocktails, then stick with straight booze, neat or on the rocks, bourbon & soda, gin & tonic, whatever. Manhattan is an easy drink to make and to screw up. Ask if they have rye whiskey and specify that, and say you want 2-1 rye to vermouth, with a couple dashes of bitters. Or don't order it.

I capped the evening with a summer negroni from some recipe I found on Alcademics.com. Tasty but I miss the strong bitter of Campari.

2oz each gin, Aperol, and Lillet blanc. Orange wedge and on the rocks.

18056ae2-aab9-2168.jpg

Edited by Voltron

:P Hate that movie with a passion. There are a few places I know in DC to actually sit down and enjoy nice cocktails, I should hit one of them up sometime. Clubbing is just something I do to hang out with friends and to break the everyday monotony of sitting at the computer all day.

Never ask for a zombie unless you are at a tiki bar. And wtf is a kryotonite? Unless you are at a bar that actually makes cocktails, then stick with straight booze, neat or on the rocks, bourbon & soda, gin & tonic, whatever. Manhattan is an easy drink to make and to screw up. Ask if they have rye whiskey and specify that, and say you want 2-1 rye to vermouth, with a couple dashes of bitters. Or don't order it.

I capped the evening with a summer negroni from some recipe I found on Alcademics.com. Tasty but I miss the strong bitter of Campari.

2oz each gin, Aperol, and Lillet blanc. Orange wedge and on the rocks.

18056ae2-aab9-2168.jpg

Agree about the Campari, Aperol just doesn't do it IMO.