What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

It is like drinking water compared to Smith and Cross. :D

It's strange, I really have gotten used to it.

The "kitchen sink" drink is surprisingly good. I'd make it again. I'd try green Chartreuse and less gomme next time. The high amount of bitters totally works here.

Edited by luvdunhill

Brandy Crusta

Jerry Thomas (1862)

Take 3 or 4 dashes of gum syrup (Sugar Syrup)

1 dash of Boker's bitters.

1 wine-glass of Brandy (Cognac)

2 dashes of Curacoa. (Curacao)

1 dash Lemon Juice.

Before mixing the above ingredients, prepare a cocktail glass as follows: Rub a sliced lemon around the rim of the glass, and dip it in pulverized white sugar, so that the sugar will adhere to the edge of the glass. Pare half a lemon the same as you would an apple (all in one piece) so that the paring will fit in the wine-glass, as shown in the cut. Put the above ingredients into a small whiskey glass filled one-third full of shaved ice, shake up well and strain the liquid into the cocktail glass prepared as above directed.

4ac15198-e718-37a1.jpg

it's the best of both worlds!

i'm knocking back diet mountain dew, at the moment. told ya i'd drink better once my paycheck hit.

I think I'm becoming a Jacob copycat....I was drinking Diet Mt Dew Supernova an hour ago. Not really their best flavor though

Not so great news from work today (but not horrible) has gotten me to Boodles martini number two. I may very well be in the "Who's drunk" thread later.

Sorry to hear about work Mike. Long day at work too today as it is the last day of the quarter. Had a few drams of pappy 20 yr and van winkle rye as soon as 5PM struck. As far as I'm concerned, 5pm onwards is my time so even if I'm working OT, I can do whatever the fuck I want. The joys of working from home :)

Still more work shit to do but I gotta draw the line, been working since 730am. Lesson learned - I'm taking the last few days of the 2nd quarter off!

Edited by raffy

2004 e'migre'

ae36ff24-ef5a-65f8.jpg

Dan, is that the Colonial Estate Emigre? A selection out of your usual buying pattern. I really like the few Austrailian Shiraz I have had but I don't recall sampling andy Aussie Shiraz blends and Shiraz with Mourverdre should be a real fruit bomb. You might try to source some Valdez Petite Syrah if any made it's way towards you. It is not a Syrah blend like the Emigre but the flavor profile should please you.

Oh, I forgot why I was here in the first place. It finally hit 100 degress today so I am free to start drinking whites.

signorelloseta.jpg

This neat Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc blend is great hot summer wine, I just wish I had some Thai food or lobster roll to go with this. Calling Jacob....can you catch the nearest G-6 and pop on over and show me how to make a lobster roll?

Edited by Augsburger