What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

I have had their Pecan Porter and either the IPA or Black IPA or both (cannot remember... I think both). They have a lot of 512 on tap here. I liked the Pecan Porter for a while but then found that a pint of it was too much to drink. I liked the IPAs..

Edited by shellylh

I have had their Pecan Porter and either the IPA or Black IPA or both (cannot remember... I think both). They have a lot of 512 on tap here. I liked the Pecan Porter for a while but then found that a pint of it was too much to drink. I liked the IPAs..

I agree, they are not bad, but not fantastic.

Another beer I had recently that I liked is the "Lips of Faith" series by New Belgium. I haven't seen them in this thread yet..

Edited by luvdunhill

Earlier today I had my first Jester King brew(s). I really liked the Black Metal (Imperial Stout).... lots of smokey and chocolately goodness! Probably my second favorite Texas beer after St. Arnold Divine Reserve #10.

I53k2.jpg

Dinny, does that label remind you of Leona Helmsley or is it just me? *or all the La Jota CabernetI am drinking

Leona-Helmsley.jpg

Edited by Augsburger

Yeah, I missed it. I like the La Folie. Not as good as the Duchesse De Bourgogne, which at the moment is one of my top choices.

Not a huge fan of the Duchesse, just too many others of the style I would prefer to drink. Never had La Folie, or any New Belgium that I can recall. Also, anyone up for this: http://www.beermenus.com/deals/51-april-sours-at-jimmy-s-no-43

That is a serious looking cocktail Al and some serious drinking happening on the left coast.

Shelly, you are going to have to drink the Fernet Branca shot or you will be shunned by the Cocktail Mafia. Of course that doesn't mean you can't also use it in a real cocktail.

The Helmsley/Label separated at birth pictures are WIN.

sampled some '07 Dark Lord, '07 Behemoth (both waxes!), '07 Founders Backwoods Bastard, Ballast Point Sea Monster, Birkshire Brewing Gude Greg's Wee Heavy Private Reserve & Brooklyn Black Ops...

then had a Sun King Cream Ale & a Tröegs Nugget Nectar...

SIGNORELLO_NEW_PADRONE.jpg

Signorello Padrone Red Wine. Really interesting stuff, now decanting because it is a young 2007 and the alcohol is 15.6 percent. The grapes are estate sourced from their hillside Silverado Trail vineyard. Silverado Trail is where a lot of the great Cabernets come from and what makes this very interesting is that they have a very low 1.3 ton per acre yield. This has some real potential.

It's been two hours of decanting and it is still pretty tight but showing potential. Much better bouquet now, at first open it had that Bordeaux dog fart aroma but thankfully that part has settled down.

Edited by Augsburger