What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Sorry for the Mayberry mud, Al. That blows, big time. I will try to wash it way with moar Guava Grove, and maybe some DFH Pangea ... we all gotta do what we can. :lol:

Seriously, though, you have had more than your share of grief lately, so good times, they are a comin'.

Love and good wishes to mom.

Sorry for your bad luck Al,we had a horrendous storm down here as well, worst ever. I am certain some of the wind gusts were 60mph+. Had a huge pine tree branch from one of our trees take out the neighbors fence so today I had to partially supervise the tree trimmers. Giving five tall pine trees a haircut gets expensive, guess I will have to postpone purchasing the Bellatone Audio amp for the rest of the year.

Toasting Harry Houdini and hoping your bad luck goes away with a La Jota Howell Mountain Cab.

What a run of bad luck Al! To try and move the luck in a more positive direction I will mix up a Suffering Bastard

Build in a highball glass or small mug

1 oz fresh lime juice

1 oz Wild Turkey Rare Breed Bourbon

1 oz Junipero Gin

1 dash Jerry Thomas' Own Decanter Bitters

4oz Goslings Ginger Ale

add ice and stir

garnish: cherry, orange wedge, sprig mint

IMG_0126.jpg

This much bad luck will probably require multiples

Thanks folks.

This WAYDN post is brought to by the makers of Where's Waldo and Reks' Handled Shovels, as well as the letters D, F and H.

18056ae2-ec1a-3f36.jpg

Cheers from the mudslide!

Fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Maybe you'll find some ancient buried treasure in the mud to make up for the string of bad luck.

Nice Jim! Where do you get brandied cherries?

I take a bottle of Luxardo Maraschino cherries, remove about half of their liguor and replace it with brandy or cognac. These have some Maisson Surrenne cognac in them.

Suffering Bastard #2 replaces Junipero with Bluecoat and Wild Turkey Bourbon with Smith and Cross Navy Strength Rum

IMG_0127.jpg

Damn, I'm just not feeling the turn. We may need a third kids.

So far:

Monkey Gland

3 Dashes Absinthe. (1 tsp)

3 Dashes Grenadine. (2 tsp Homemade Grenadine)

1/3 Orange Juice. (1 1/2 oz Orange Juice)

2/3 Dry Gin. (3 oz Gin)

Shake and strain! Hurray for monkey implants!

4ac15198-02d9-b00d.jpg

A close relative to the Jack Rose, honestly I like these proportions better:

Apple Jack (Special) Cocktail

2/3 Applejack. (2 oz Laird’s Bonded Apple Brandy)

1/6 Grenadine. (1/2 oz home made Grenadine*)

1/6 Lemon Juice. (1/2 oz Lemon Juice)

Shake well and strain into cocktail glass.

4ac15198-0327-e467.jpg

Pisco Punch

2 ounces pisco

3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice

3/4 ounce pineapple gomme

4ac15198-0358-f8a5.jpg

Well, nobody seemed to spot the beverage so here's a closer shot with my trusty shovel.

18056ae2-06bd-c0ca.jpg

Finishing up the bottle now. Am told that it was raining at a clip of 5 inches per hour this morning. About a quarter inch is covering parts of the "basement" level of the house :basement: and the ground us practically liquified on the side of the house. There are springs of water bubbling up near our fountain and the path is cracked and sinking into the mud. :palm:

Nice Al, never let a minor disaster get in the way of drinking, the true Head-Case tradition.

I like that jack Rose modification Marc, I will definitely give it a try.

OK, Suffering Bastard #3 is probably the closest to the original drink created by Joe Scialom, one-time head bartender at Sheperd's Hotel in Cairo which substitutes Germain Robin Brandy for the rum.

IMG_0128.jpg

OK I swear this is the last one.

Damn Al, that really sucks. You are having a bad luck month. :(

Gene: That Guava Grove looks delicious. Spring has been going strong here for a while as well. It is perfect weather, all the flowers are blooming. I really love this time of year. Can't wait to enjoy the weather with some Jester King brews (Wytchmaker Rye India Pale Ale and Black Metal Imperial Stout) later today.

It seems I missed quite the cocktail making party last night. Good stuff Marc and Jim!

Dan: I watched beers wars last night, very interesting, although I found that Moonshot woman to be quite annoying. She didn't really seem to love beer so much... just seemed to want to make money off of selling some product that tastes horrible - beer with caffeine added doesn't sound so good to me... reminds me of Jolt cola. I was surprised to find out how many beers are now owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev, guess I won't be drinking anymore Boddington in the future.

Edited by shellylh