What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

$7 for a bomber???? I felt lucky buying it at 8.99!
Yeah, I remember that feeling, but now having seen it for $6.99 at several places, I refuse to pay more, but yeah, it's easily the best US$7/bomber beer. Easily. Love it.

Me: also had a DFH Indian Brown and a Raisin d'Etre from tap. And yes, I should probably be posting in the "I'm a wee bit drunk" thread. Good thing my coworker was driving.

Flying Dutchman Cocktail

2 oz orange gin

1/4 orange hand squeezed

1/4 lemon hand squeezed

3 drops angostura bitters

Shake and double strain. Garnish with an orange peel.

4ac15198-545e-3241.jpg

Still working down "Forgotten". I was skeptical about this one, but this particular orange gin is called out, and a brief discussion of available gin infusions in the golden age of cocktails. Believe it or not, i couldn't get the Seagrams locally... Anyway, it's a great drink, I can see the potential, though I would probably alter the ratios...

Yeah, I remember that feeling, but now having seen it for $6.99 at several places, I refuse to pay more, but yeah, it's easily the best US$7/bomber beer. Easily. Love it.

Me: also had a DFH Indian Brown and a Raisin d'Etre from tap. And yes, I should probably be posting in the "I'm a wee bit drunk" thread. Good thing my coworker was driving.

Now see I actually quite like the Indian Brown Ale and Raison d'Etre, but to me the Tiny is just much too fizzy for a stout.

Now see I actually quite like the Indian Brown Ale and Raison d'Etre, but to me the Tiny is just much too fizzy for a stout.
Yeah, I remember you saying that. I don't mind it, but I understand it's a perfectly legitimate criticism, if subjective. In fact, if you hadn't said that, I don't think I would have had that exact same criticism of something else I had (the nitrous-injected stout at Russian River, I think).

Champs Élysées Cocktail

2 ounces cognac

1/2 ounce yellow Chartreuse

1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice

1/2 tsp powdered sugar

2 dashes Angostura bitters

4ac15198-7d12-9843.jpg

And for my wife, a margarita with grapefruit juice instead of lime juice, as we are out of tonic and also limes... It's not half bad honesty.

Edited by luvdunhill

I have a chance to buy some Weyerbacher Heresy. I'm pretty sure I haven't had it before but I do recall a number of you think its worthy. It's pricey because it's coming from NC. They sell it for $13.50 for a 4 pack, so 12 bottles would cost me $70 which is about $5.90 a bottle which I'm willing to pay. Is it that good to justify the premium? I have checked locally and Total Wine doesn't have it which means, it's not available as they have the best selection down here.

Re: Heresy -- do you get Weyerbacher at all in Florida -- it would seem odd if you do and you didn't get the Heresy, otherwise the supply problem makes sense. Re: price -- I have no idea, I don't remember what I paid, I didn't buy it by the case, though, and I remember it not being cheap. I'll check Total Wine the next time I'm in there.

Speaking of checking -- those Sam Adams glasses weren't what I said, they were US$15/pair. Either I was hallucinating, or they were on sale.

Thanks Dusty. We do get Weyerbacher but I have not found any Heresy locally. I may wait a week or two to see if any arrives. I know it's seasonal and the release was in February so I thought it would have filtered down here. The price I was quoted sounds about right. I just don't know if it's worth the extra $2.50 a bottle to have it shipped.

I have a chance to buy some Weyerbacher Heresy. I'm pretty sure I haven't had it before but I do recall a number of you think its worthy. It's pricey because it's coming from NC. They sell it for $13.50 for a 4 pack, so 12 bottles would cost me $70 which is about $5.90 a bottle which I'm willing to pay. Is it that good to justify the premium? I have checked locally and Total Wine doesn't have it which means, it's not available as they have the best selection down here.

Mike, my local liqour occasionally has Heresy but I haven't seen it in the past few weeks. I'll let you know if it pops up again. Personally, I prefer Tiny but that only comes in 750ml bottles.