What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

A Lion's Tail

2 oz Wild Turkey Rare Breed Bourbon [Edit: Increase to 2 1/2 oz]

3/4 oz Allspice (Pimento) Dram [Edit: Decrease to 1/4 oz]

1/2 oz Lime Juice

1/2 tbsp Simple Syrup

2 dashes Angostura Bitters

Shake and double strain into a cocktail glass.

IMG_0104.jpg

Edited by morphsci

Van Winkle 12 Lot b ......... While my daughter plays Plants vs Zombies on iPad and my son plays Lego Batman on xbox 360 . Great Dad, huh?

One must retain one's calm demeanor when supervising the children.

I love the Van Winkle 12 Lot b. But right now enjoying a Redbreast.

Edited by Absorbine_Sr

:rofl: Monkey funny!! :rofl:

Man, those are some bloody oranges! Nice pics Jim and great looking cocktails.

I found this drink because I got some Rhubarb Bitters and was going to make a different cocktail but my daughter wanted some bitter lemon (until she tasted it, at which point she was disgusted and ran away immediately).

Cynarata:

3/4 oz. Cynar

4 1/2 oz. sparkling limon soda (Rieme Sparkling Limonade or in my case Fever Tree Bitter Lemon plus some simple syrup)

A dash of Fee Brothers Rhubarb Bitters

Mix ingredients with ice in a tall glass. Garnish with a fresh sprig of mint.

a6cd8a46-ba49-4c33.jpg

Edited by Voltron

Dan, I told someone that I was going to try to get back into wine, and was recommended to try a Malbec or two -- you like? You happen to know the ABV?

Me: as posted elsewhere, I had an Old Rasputin and a Raisin d'Etre on tap earlier, wasn't going to have anything else, but I feel like crying in a beer, so I'll have a Sam Adams Boston lager or something. Perhaps a pumpkin ale. I don't know -- "a beer".

My wife hated the obvio, I thought it was ok. I wouldn't go so far as to recommend it. My suggestion is to just go to total wine, look in their malbec section, and check the employee recommendation tags there. Avoid the one with the dusty approved black cork ;)

coffee then more coffee then coke then extra strength five hour energy...

headed to the Upland tasting room tonight...

bummed by the news today that Dogfish Head is pulling out of Indiana (& Tennessee, Wisconsin, Rhode Island, the UK & Canada)...hopefully someone good'll fill the void...

Damn, that sucks, dude. They're growing like never before, so they're going to reduce availability? What kind of (drunken?) rationale is that?

And thanks for the recs, Jacob, I'll definitely take those notes with me -- all of my favorite beer joints, Norm's in Virginia, Perfect Pour and Belby's in Maryland, Total Wine, Whole Foods, Wegman's, etc. -- all are pretty good about beer, too, so I'll definitely look for all of those.

Enjoying a Bloody Mary. Replaced the Louisiana Hot Sauce with a Chinese Garlic Chili sauce we found in a local international market. Lending it a nice burn with a touch of sweetness.

Then it's a Broody Maly. There, I said it. So sue me. :ph34r:

Had to come home early for a contractor meeting, so I'm having an iced coffee and seriously considering cracking open the Behemoth soon. Friday is good.