What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

well, I suppose I could follow someone else's instrutions, but I know my abilities, basically. I can brew a good beer, but I still have to buy great ones...

Understandable -- I had thought it might have to do with not having certain equipment and whatnot. I've thought about making beer, but haven't any clue where to start, though, I know of a beer brewery supply store in Los Angeles.

Edited by 909

1896895b.jpg

FFF Behemoth on tap at Tomlinson Tap Room in downtown Indy...they got a 1/6 barrel...Cherry Behemoth just went on tap in Munster, but it'd probably be gone by the time I got up there...very limited says their tap list...

Edited by emelius

Nice looking orgeat mash Marc.

Finally finished filtering the Amer Boudreau so decided to make a Brooklyn Cocktail

2 oz High West rye whiskey

3/4 oz Dolin dry vermouth

1/3 oz Amer Boudreau

1/3 oz Luxardo maraschino liqueur

Stir with ice in a mixing glass and strain into a cocktail glass.

Garnish with a Maraschino cherry.

IMG_0065.jpg

e5fe7e1f.jpg

Southern Tier Cuvee #3 Oak Aged Ale...

never saw #1, passed on #2 at Jungle Jim's in Ohio...figured I'd give this one a shot...usually hafta travel for the oak aged varieties of Southern Tier...&, despite the packaging, this one was reasonably priced...plus I was given a 15% discount:)...

honestly, except for a couple/few brews, I'm not a big fan of Southern Tier...& I've had much better Cuvees...

true enough & i had that thought whilst posting...but have to classify it somehow no?...i've also had much better oak aged ales...& much better strong ales (which is what BA has it as)...in a general category this is generally unimpressive...

Edited by emelius

I guess I'll have to ask Duggeh if it was Cynar he mentioned and the accent turned it into Chinato in my brain. :lol:

He types with an accent??

Well tonight we were fortunate enough to have another spectacular meal to go along with our young Napa Cabernet shootout. The contenders were a 100 point Schrader George III and a Lewis Cabernet. Richie the chef just steps out looks at the two wines and returns to the kitchen to whip out four courses that played off the Cabs nearly perfectly. We started with some braised for eight hours pork tacos with a Habanero chile sauce, then a pork belly that took three days to prepare served with a cherry compote then lamb cigars with a yogurt and some tempenade then a lamb loin with some wild sauce and horseradish mashed potato's. Interestingly enough as the wines opened up over the evening each new course seemed to adjust to the nuances of the wines aS they evolved. Perhaps it was psychological but so what the experience was damn good and one of the best.

How were the Amer and the Brooklyn, Jim?

Yesterday, I pretended I didn't have to work and could just drink away the afternoon with a former law partner. At "lunch" at 21st Amendment, I had the Lower de Boom barleywine, the Lord & Master strong English blond, and half a 21 Rock triple IPA. After walking back to the office and "working" a bit, I stopped in at Magnolia to complete one of my Strong Beer Month tickets. I started with a Pride of Branthill strong bitter and a Tweezer Tripel, only to discover that there was one more beer to go on that ticket. Wisely, I chose to wait for another day, because 4.5 strong beers was more than enough for one afternoon/evening. I just may have to stop off today for that last one, though. ;)