What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

How was the 18th Century with the rye gin Al? Color me intrigued.

Been missing my gin so went with the Satan's Whiskers (marcelled)

1 1/2 ounces gin

3/4 ounce sweet vermouth

1 1/4 ounces fresh orange juice

1 teaspoon falernum syrup

2 dashes Fee Brothers Old-Fashioned bitters

Place all ingredients in a mixing glass. Add ice, shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

2e5a647c.jpg

Wow, the family resemblance is extremely small.

Nice drinks Jim, Al and Marc! It's no fair that everyone has Gran Classico bitters but me. :(;)

Earlier today I made a Bloody Mary using Jacob's "recipe". (I initially forgot the soy sauce and had to add it after the picture). I also added a bit of ground Wasabi seed and garnished with celery and two jalapeno stuffed olives. The vodka I used was Jim's recommendation (green peppercorn infused Russian Standard). I have to admit that this was the best Bloody Mary I have ever had. The Sriracha sauce is a really nice substitute for the Tabasco.

bullshit. a measure of vodka, twice as much not-from-concentrate tomato juice as vodka, a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice, a good squeeze of fresh lime juice, a good squeeze of sriracha sauce, a few dribbles of soy sauce, a squirt or two of worcestershire sauce, a bunch of grinds of pepper, a bit of finely hand ground celery seed, and a pinch of sea salt. stir, pour over ice, drink. always. morning, noon, or night. hungover or high on crack.

f8a1c.jpg

Now: Springbank 12yr Cask strength!!! I am *loving* this. Thanks Mikey, you're not so mad after all. smile.png It is going to be hard not to buy the 15yr next time I end up at the local spirits store. cheers.gif

JmLJF.jpg

Edited by shellylh

Old Sydney-Town Punch

1.5oz Bols Genever

.5oz St. Elizabeth’s Allspice Dram

1.25oz Meyer Lemon when in season

(when Meyers are not, use .75oz Eureka Lemon juice and .5oz Valencia Orange juice)

.5oz Small Hand Foods Pineapple Gum Syrup

(1 dash Regan’s Orange Bitters when using Meyer Lemons)

Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, fill with ice and shake well for 10 seconds. Strain into a punch glass and serve up with a slight grate of nutmeg.

To make hot, Strain above into a hot pot and then serve the same way. Or in lieu of ice, add 1.5oz of hot water and shake, strain and serve.

web.jpg?ver=13163247090001

This is an awesome drink! No Meyer lemons so I went with a mix of orange and lemon. The allspice dram really gives it a great flavor and a punch bowl full of this stuff would be killer. I am about to make another, even though that is a hassle I had not anticipated. :)

Oh, and Jim, the rye gin 18th C. was tasty and unique but probably not as good as the rye version. I was a little distracted by other things at the time, so further inquiry may be needed. ;)

Edited by Voltron

16354c64.jpg

Boulevard Smokestack Series Nommo Dubbel...made with molasses...interesting & tasty....

03fc7fbc.jpg

New Albanian Jaxon Barley Wine...1st time in bombers...need to store some...

then a couple I forgot from the tasting...

6ae9813e.jpg

Olde Hickory Black Raven Black IPA....plain...would rather drink Stone's Escondidian...

cbe8fbf6.jpg

Fantôme Saison D'Erezée - Printemps...Fantôme is where to gor for Saisons...they do excellent work & put it in green bottles with cheap labels...

& one that I just forgot to mention...

0d8b2f62.jpg

Half Acre Big Hugs Imperial Stout...pretty good, but silly that I had to trade for this...not worth the outlay...how many thousands of Imperial Stouts are there now??...

Oh, ok. I guess I have those four in the fridge as well.

By the way Marc, did you see my post about the Bols Genever? We have finally gotten them at Specs here. If you don't have a bottle and want one, I will be in Austin in early October.

Yes! We have it here! I haven't seen the other post, but I'll find it and reply there.

I found another liquor store here that is independent and has a few interesting things that our Spec's doesn't have. It's worth checking out for sure.

Really long, sad, story short but I'll likely only get one more "non staple" booze order in this year. I'm putting a wish list together and checking it twice :)