What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Goose Island Summer Ale while waiting for the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, opening for Tedeschi - Trucks.

Hope Debbie liked the surprise, and who wouldn't really. Have fun.

I had cocktails at Zero Zero with a client/friend, and now taking in the Giants game without alcohol. The fact that they are losing to the lowly Astros again is forcing me to drink though.

White Burgundy was a no show so we compromised with a Châteauneuf-Du-Pape duo, 1967 Jaboulet then a 1990 Château Beaucastel. The Krug vintage1989 Champagn and the Châteauneuf-Du-Pape duo meshed nicely with the fried chicken, grits and collard greens entre. If Daniel Bouled did fried chicken and collard greens this most assuredly would be the meal.

Dinner did not suck.

^^^ same.

Good choice! :)

Norton Reserva Malbec to accompany organic lamb and goat cheese burgers, sweet potato fries and a cucumber and tomato salad with balsamic dressing and feta cheese.

That whole meat sounds fantastic.

I guess you won't have a beer headache this Friday. smile.png

That is the plan... it is working so far!

Peter michael Vineyards L Apres Midi, it's frickin' hot here!

Here too but not as hot as it is supposed to be tomorrow (the forecast is 106!).

Mint Julep

3 US fluid ounces (89 ml; 3.1 imp fl oz) Bourbon whiskey

4 to 6 sprigs mint leaves

granulated sugar, to taste

Preparation

Put mint, sugar, and a small amount of bourbon into the bottom of a mixing glass. Gently muddle the mint and sugar, then let stand for a bit to allow the muddled leaves to release their flavor. Strain and pour into a julep cup (or similar vessel), rotating to coat the sides. Fill with ice, then add the rest of the bourbon whiskey. Garnish with a lightly slapped small mint sprig.

4ac15198-4898-e2b5.jpg

2010 Festivo Malbec and pizza (with Hatch peppers, kielbasa sausage, fresh garlic, onions, tomatoes, and goat cheese (on my side, hubby doesn't like goat cheese on his pizza)). The wine is OK, the pizza is fantastic. I really love the kielbasa and Hatch peppers together.

4TOBr.jpg

Edited by shellylh