What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Fogcutter (Early) ("Forgotten")

0.5 oz orgeat (homemade)

2 oz Bacardi Gold (1 oz Smith and Cross Navy Rum and 1 oz Clement VSOP Rhum agricole)

1 oz Pisco

0.5 oz Plymouth gin

1 oz fresh orange juice

2 oz fresh lemon juice

1/2 oz cream sherry (Palomino Fino Jerez Xeres)

Shake all ingredients except for sherry. Pour into a chimney glass with crushed ice. Float sherry on the top.

4ac15198-6191-46f7.jpg

Glassware courtesy of Tonga Room, San Francisco.

Edited by luvdunhill

Zhukov's wood aged was even better than the normal one. Yah! Beautiful shots, there Mikey. Nice Tonga glass Marc!

Shelly, the supplies did indeed come from Cocktail Kingdom. I really want a very large mixing glass but it is always out of stock.

Going to try the Porch Wash using some similar measurements to Jim's recipe. Wish me luck.

Dusty, the Zhukov's is delicious. It's on the sweet side, a lot of chocolate and some coffee notes. Sort of like a creamier but a lot less bitter version of KBS. If they hopped it up a little bit, it'll be very close to KBS.
Zhukov's wood aged was even better than the normal one. Yah!
OMG, that sounds wonderful, must track some down.

Zhukov's wood aged was even better than the normal one. Yah!

Wow, that sounds really good Al. Do you remember what wood it was aged on?

OMG, that sounds wonderful, must track some down.

I can try to help you with that Dusty. I'll send you a PM.

Nice Fogcutter Marc and the glass is perfect.

The Gypsy

1½ PARTS North Shore #6 Gin

¾ PART St-Germain

½ PART Green Chartreuse

½ PART Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice

Shake all ingredients with ice and fine strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a thinly sliced lime wheel.

aac46c70.jpg

Cedar, of course, Raffy.

web.jpg?ver=13138977040001

The Porch Wash was pretty tasty although quite different from the bar version. I used .25oz Benedictine instead of Jim's .5oz but probably would have been closer with the .5, and I also used Bokers bitters since those arrived recently.

Nice looking cocktails Marc and Jim.

Edited by Voltron

I need to try a Porch Wash - next drink I make.

Jim: How is the The Gypsy? I imagine the St Germain mixes better with gin than whiskey.

Marc's sherry drink reminded me that I have a lot of sherry and port drinks to make before I can finish off the Anvil list. So I decided to open up the bottle of port of have. I decided that I should drink some straight instead. I am not sure if I have ever had port, I suppose I have had some at dinner parties in the past. Pretty good but sweeter than I am used to drinking. Also, I don't know what a proper port glass looks like so please don't laugh at my glassware.

How long should this last in the fridge after opening (say if I am going to make cocktails with it)? A month? I read that Tawny/Colheita ports last a bit longer than some other types of port.

One more question for the cocktail experts: is this type of port ok for cocktails or should I get another type?

Porto Kopke 1991 Colheita

Cheers!

JrLp5.jpg

I love the bitters bottle and ice pick. Nice!

Agreed!

Edited by shellylh

Shelly, I am not an expert on sherry or port at all, but I have had 2 or 3 bottles open since my 40th birthday 8 years ago and we are still drinking them. Ill advised, I know but the flavor is still good. I have heard that optimally, it shouldn't be kept open for more than a few weeks.

I love the new bitters, er absinthe, bottles and the Opaline has a lovely color. The St. George's is less pretty, but I like the idea of dashing properly.

Marc's sherry drink reminded me that I have a lot of sherry and port drinks to make before I can finish off the Anvil!

I got one drink left :)

Just don't have the ingredient (Creme de Mure) :(

Maybe I'll save it and have it at Anvil?!

Al: next time you're at Cask, check out the tiny St. George bottle, very cool if someone is looking for a great absinthe and a suitable size bottle for say Sazeracs...

Edited by luvdunhill