What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

1998 Kalin Pinot ugggghhh!

Tastes like the honey badger squatted on it, now if this was a southern burgundy region pinot with a little more chalk I might have paid extra, but not this Cali Pinot. :( At least I get to hear my daughter play the Phantom of The Opera live on our piano, nice consolation.

Edited by Augsburger

*Anvil*

"A shot of Fernet-Branca"

This bottle is going to last for a loooong time. :palm:

wTGIu.jpg

I know what you mean Shelly. "The Shot" was my worst Anvil experience. To make up for it try a little Hanky panky

Moving on to a little Hanky Panky

1 1/2 oz Bluecoat Gin

1 1/2 oz Carpano Antinco Sweet Vermouth

2 dashes Fernet Branca

Stir well and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Twist a paper thin swathe of orange over the drink and drop in.

IMG_0130.jpg

Wow, this is remarkably good.

That's a pretty simple little 'cocktail'.

That doesn't meet any definition of "cocktail" but it is something that bartenders drink and bartenders made up the Anvil list.

Had a Bison IPA that was meh. Trying to decide what cocktail to make. Any quick thoughts, cocktailians?

web.jpg?ver=13037881780001

Congrat on tenure Jim! I decided to make a Deadly Sin, since that's what it'll take for them to get rid of you now! :peter:

Deadly Sin Cocktail

2oz bourbon (W.L. Weller antique)

1/3oz sweet vermouth (Dolin)

1/4oz maraschino liqueur (Luxardo)

1 dash orange bitters (Regan)

orange peel garnish

Stir with ice, strain, and garish.

Cheers Professor!

^^nice...

Big sky brewing Ivan the terrible , wow this stuff is great, Tyll!

I was able to order one bottle of this online...I should've ordered more...I found it to be quite enjoyable, but the friends I was hanging out with didn't seem to have an opinion of it one way or another...go figure...

anyways...Victory Hop Wallop on tap...Brugge Harvey on tap...which is their Pooka but using Blackberries instead of Boysenberries...Jolly Pumpkin Baudelaire Series iO Saison from a 750mL bottle...lotta dry hibiscus flavor...& uh Surly Furious from a can...excellent stuff as always from Surly...& a great smell...

oh, & I was finally able to buy another Upland Cherry Lambic so I was able to drink a 750mL of it on my own w/o having to break up my set...& I got a free pint when I bought it...so also had an Upland Maibock somewhere in there:)...

Just read about tenure Jim, that is great! I wish I had a nice drink to toast you with but I poured out the FB and made myself an Aperol + soda. Will break out the Parker 27 after I finish writing this lecture (although classes finished last Friday, I stupidly volunteered to make up a graduate class I missed when I was away at a conference :palm:).

Good choice of drink Al! ;)

Edited by shellylh

Now that goose island is sold to anheuser do you think they will still be able to maintain the same high quality, especially their more rare beers?

EDIT: next time people are in town we should coordinate hitting up the goose island brewpub as it is quite nice.

Edited by recstar24

Now that goose island is sold to anheuser do you think they will still be able to maintain the same high quality, especially their more rare beers?

EDIT: next time people are in town we should coordinate hitting up the goose island brewpub as it is quite nice.

allegedly the brewpubs are being left alone untouched...the theory is they bought Goose in order to be able to self-distribute in Illinois...in Illinois, if you own a brewery, you can self-distribute...so they overpaid for GI in order to save shitloads in the long run...they can continue to charge the same distributor mark up...this way they get two of the three price jacks before the beer reaches consumers...& they can also undercut their competitors...