morphsci

Tom and Jerry

1 egg, separated

1 tsp caster sugar

1 oz dark Jamaican rum

1/4 tsp ground allspice

1/4 oz brandy

Hot Water

Beat the yolk with sugar, rum, and allspice until thick. Beat the egg white until stiff. Fold together and add to a warm mug. Fill mug 3/4 with hot water. Lightly stir. Add brandy. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.

4ac15198-c100-4a69.jpg

Agreed, nice to see all the GC glasses being put to good use!

I am glad to see Dan enjoying some fine cocktails. Sazerac cocktail is one of my absolute favorites (if done right of course)!

Al: Those drinks look delicious! I like your twists. I cannot even remember the last time I enjoyed a nice cocktail (ok, thay may be a bit of an exaggeration).

Monk fish looks disgusting. Laphroaig 25 sounds awesome. Cocktails are taking over, you SoFla nay-sayers! Muhahahahaha!

Thanks Shelly, those are both quite excellent and the third of three in the article is on the menu right now. I have made these before but I think this recipe is a little softer on the Cynar or something. Very tasty and dangerously drinkable at 114.5 proof. B)

Little Italy

Adapted from a recipe by Audrey Saunders of New York's Pegu Club.

* 2 ounces rye (Willett 2yo)

* 1/2 ounce Cynar

* 3/4 ounce sweet vermouth (Dolin)

* 1 Luxardo cherry, as garnish

Instructions: Stir all the ingredients, except the cherry, over ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Add the garnish.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/08/FDQ61I8LFU.DTL#ixzz1JMatCt2u

18056ae2-014d-d4c1.jpg

Edited by Voltron