What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

At least you're not feeling under the weather anymore, hopefully. The Abyss takes some time in the bottle from my recent experience. If you have a couple more, keep them for a year or so. I'm going to drink my KBS one of these days, but I should also be receiving a metric shit ton load of Fifty-Fifty Eclipse pretty soon. Looking forward to checking out this year's crop.

Thanks Al, I took a long after-dinner nap and I'm feeling better. Agreed on the Abyss needing some age, I remember you mentioning the flavors felt closed-in and too integrated when you had it at City Beer; I'm glad I have a few more to age. Funny this is, the bottle specifically says "Best after 8/24/12" smile.png

The KBS changed a little bit with age, it still has a lovely boozy smell but it was surprisingly easy to drink and not hot at all (at least for my tastes). The chocolate flavor did tame a little though and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Love it regardless though.

Dieu Du Ciel Péché Mortel...always delivers...I might start stocking up on this & drink it every so often like KBS....we'll see...

makes for great filler when ordering online & trying to hit 6/12 bottles...

Oohhhh, thanks for remininding me that I have one more of those and that I should get some more. You get yours from Luekens too? They have a sweet shipping deal to FL; a flat $15 for any order size.

Edited by raffy

I have 24 bottles of Fifty-Fifty Eclipse arriving soon, but they have them available at City Beer right now. I am torn, but thinking I should go get a few bottles. facepalm.png

You can never have too many Imperial Stouts Al; I'm sure they travel well too evil.gif

Raffy - just remembered I still need to return a pm to you. Sorry bro.

No worries Bryan, whenever you get a chance. How's training going for you?

Finishing the remaining 2011 Abyss from last night. I put one of those lever-type wine stoppers that seals it ok but not perfectly. I guess the less-than-perfect seal let the beer breath overnight as tonight's glass tasted better with a lot less of that licorice taste. Tastes much better tonight, I can pick up a lot more coffee and hop notes which were missing last night. Still could use some age though.

Congrat Shelly and Tim!

So, I bought 6 more bottles, 2 more of the new Grand Cru (limited to 2 on the pre-order) and 2 each of the new Rittenhouse Rye and Four Roses. Yummy.

Imbibe Magazine provided the recipe for tonight's cocktail:

The Muzzleflash

1.5oz bourbon

.5oz Cocchi Americano

.5oz lemon juice

.5oz grapefruit juice

.25 cinnamon syrup

2 large dashes Islay whisky

1 dash angostura bitters

orange peel garnish

Shake and double strain, and imbibe.

a6cd89d3-2937-0ea5.jpg