What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

a2c5a755.jpg

Upright Sole Composition Series Blend Love...more sour goodness...this time in the form of a wild ale...I like it, I do...but it sorta bugs me that I'm probably never going to see it again let alone try any others from the series...

60b9dd59.jpg

Saint Arnold Pumpkinator...was certainly glad to see/sample this, but I've had so many pumpkin beers lately & the memory of that home brew was still fresh in my mind...& the home brew was killer...

e3535ae7.jpg

Fantôme Magic Ghost...I brought this one...it's new & unique...I cannot describe it...it really does pour without head & it really is green...it's already got quite the reputation...there's a buzz...I know it has lemon grass, but there's a rumor out there that it contains spinach dust...in any case, it surprised a lot of people...highly recommended...

d572dcff.jpg

Three Floyds Biggs' 'Stache...sucks to be me, right?:)...

40a31a0e.jpg

an unknown Hill Farmstead beer..I have another pic of it w/a tag, but I cannot read it...the first letter looks like a T:)...anyways, nice & rare...

5b5ccc79.jpg

Beaver Pecan Pie...I have absolutely no recollection of this, if I'm honest...

1c4fbef5.jpg

Kuhnhenn Crème Brûlée Java Stout...ya...kickin' myself for never visiting this place...everything I've had from them's been glorious...& this guy shows up w/a fucking growler?!?...cheers to him...that's a helluva drive...I thought I had it bad at four hours...there were some New Yorkers & some Chicagoans...what an event!...

a84543da.jpg

fittingly, I'll end the pics w/a bottle of Jackie O's Grand Wazoo...I immediately thought CRAP, I just opened one for that Sun King/HBG Tailgate for Nothing event...& I agonized over that decision...I know it's just beer, but this one's special & it's drinking crazy good right now...just the nature of small batch beers...I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough...

I'm sure there are many beers I've missed...after picking up my allotment & heading over to the brewery side, I went into trade mode:)...

apparently, I did pretty well...before I headed back to the hotel, I landed a second Rum Barrel Apparition...

Can I eat dinner to the honor of Chris's new citizenship and the reduction in evil celebration of Dinny's father's retirement?

Baked chicken with asparagus prosciutto and fontina with a glass (or five) of '08 Forefront Cabernet Sauvignon. I like!

img2861l.jpg

The Caskstrength cocktail-ish blog is posting on the Cocktail Advent Calendar at the bar where he works, Rob Roy in Seattle. He is a pretty funny ranter writer, and here is his description of the event:

The Cocktail Advent Calender at the Rob Roy is a gift to you, the guest. It will enable you to enjoy the holiday drinks classics that have become taboo for so many reasons; because they are never made well, because you are embarrassed to order them, and because it is morally wrong to order a Spanish Coffee. Rob Roy’s bartenders will make a new, likely sweet, libation for each day in December up until X-mas eve. X-mas eve will be Blue Blazer acrobatics. I’ll post each day’s new holiday cocktail and its recipe on this blog as we count down to the 25th of December.